Need Same Information As Tiberian Sun CNCNet App

Guest Stefor

Guest Stefor

Tiberian Sun CNCNet app tells you the country your opponent is from. This is very important and it also sex connection quality. Red Alert 2 doesnt tell you this specific info. Without country info and connection quality you find yourself playing laggers. I have waste a lot of time starting matches with laggers in red alert 2 cause icant see their connection details.

My, my, are we self-righteous... A notification, at least, would have been appropriate. Censorship on a 'whim' basis is definately not becoming of this establishment, and if it was you who did that, you're that much more of a clueless prick. So go on and delete this also, and feel important.

My, my, are we self-righteous... A notification, at least, would have been appropriate. Censorship on a 'whim' basis is definately not becoming of this establishment, and if it was you who did that, you're that much more of a clueless prick. So go on and delete this also, and feel important.

Hey - all I saw was a provocative post that would not lead the topic down the right road, so hid it. Nothing more. :)

Back on original topic, I think this may be a question to ask Rampastring and see if he's willing to add that as a feature into DTA. We could then enable that on YR also.

Yeah, man, that's my point. I know you're trying to be nice about it and all, but you gotta leave provocative post be, you can't just go around snipping people's stuff. Not because I care particularly, but because it ain't exactly right.

you gotta leave provocative post be, you can't just go around snipping people's stuff.

Actually, that is exactly the job of the moderators here.

There is no free speech on the internet; only the rules of the site you post on. So don't be all self-righteous about this, when all he was doing was trying to keep the peace around here :dry:

I was hardly being self-righteous, more like expressing my belief in certain, call them online ethics, and that's where I'll have to disagree with you about the free speech thing, but I digress, different world-views, I guess. I don't deny I was being a troll, but much more offensive posts are kept with apparently no problems, or, as it should be done, which was my point, are being properly censored, by issuing warnings for going off-topic, etc., as opposed to surreptitiously being removed by an unknown force, which was what originally irked me. This is long over now, so peace anyway.

At first, I didn't think much of cn2mc's comment being deleted.  But now it sure seems that forum rules are being selectively enforced.

"- Do not insult or otherwise attempt to incite negative reactions."

Well I sure have to sift through a huge pile of shit in 'recent posts' to find anything useful or interesting to me.  Bummer :(

It can be expected for the players to use this forum as a place to talk shit and boost their egos. im very guilty of doing this as well. some of us may see it as entertainment. some of us may see it as horribly offensive material like MattAttack does who at one point managed to guilt trip me into deleting my forum account (rofl). now every time i see that flying orca i know theres gonna be a butt hurt whiny post attached to it that i ignore. some may see it as thread derailing trolling etc. i personally see it as all of the above and at the end of the day it just makes for more forum activity.

Surely a person of your superior wit and intelligence can do better than that?!  I'm sad to say I'm really disappointed :( I expect more from a pro-troll like yourself!  Make me cry; make me want to commit suicide-- I dare you!  And if at least my online 'persona' were to die, surely you'd be doing me (my wife) a favor.....  It's not all that I have. 

we are guests in their house

Looks like you at least grasp the point about free speech that cn2mc so totally missed. :dry:

This isn't about world views, or online ethics. This is about power. Cry and whine all you want, but it doesn't change who are the moderators around here, and who are the normal members. It's the plain and simple truth. We try to be fair, but yes, we can more or less do as we please. :yuri:

That said, I'm getting really tired of every single TS/YR thread here turning into a shitstorm because you guys can't control your urge to whip out your e-penises.

I thought this was over, yet it got resurrected again. Do not underestimate or patronize me, I missed no points, it appears it's not me who's doing the missing of points here. Of course moderators can and will do as they please (this is directed at general powers that be, not just you, Nyer) but why be a hypocrite about it? Why leave bad language, open hostility, personal feuds, calls to suicide, etc. as topics of discussion and at the same time erase something that was neither openly offensive, nor devoid of a point? Do you even know what got deleted, or are you just kinda stroking your e-penis at the same time you're telling others not to?

Yeah, talking back to mods isn't earning you any brownie points either, man.

To be perfectly honest, I don't care exactly what was deleted. I am commenting on a general trend, and you're most certainly contributing to that trend, especially by further derailing a thread after a moderator removed a post specifically to prevent thread derailment.

Anyway, this thread was derailed pretty much from the start, so despite the valid points in the original post, I'm locking it.