No Mega Compilation?

Look into the rules.ini, you can tell it by the "Image=" key

[HIND]

Name=Long Range Attack Chopper

Image=lrac

If you compare the graphic in XCC with the name you'll see that's F9EC22F1

Nyerguds can probably tell us how to turn a name found under the Image key into the hex value. I can't remember how it works, but maybe it's just a crc32

It doesn't seem to work.  I renamed the file 0A03FEF5 to "migg" as a test, and in-game the icon is still the normal yak.  Here is what the mission file looks like for the yak:

[YAK]

Name=Super Mig

Image=355-migg

Prerequisite=afld,fcom

Primary=ChainGun

Secondary=ChainGun

Strength=60

Armor=heavy

TechLevel=5

Sight=0

Speed=21

Owner=soviet

Cost=1700

Points=25

ROT=5

Ammo=10

Crewed=yes

GuardRange=30

The mission converter renamed "migg.shp" to "355-migg.shp".  The "Image=" line is the icon of the unit, right?  Or is it something else?  Either way, nothing is showing up in-game the way it should...  Where am I going wrong?

did you place all files into a mix file? I don't think the game can read a loose .shp file from the main dir

The icon file is name xxxICON.shp, the unit xxx.shp, building animation is xxxMAKE.shp

BTW, i just updated the mission converter. Don't rename things manually, let the new version do it for you:

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=2889.msg53539#msg53539

Thanks for the help!  I finally feel like I'm not doing this lone-wolf.  :D

I did indeed put it in a mix file, but I had the files incorrectly named as you pointed out.  However, even after using your new mission converter, nothing seems to work in-game.  The Air Traffic control building has no icon (and is messed up), and the Yak is still just a normal Yak.  I attached my converted mission to this post so you can take a look at it.  If it works in your game, then something is up with my install...  I simply extracted the mission to the same folder as your converter, ran the program, and the attached file is the result (after adding to a mix file).

Thanks for the help!  I finally feel like I'm not doing this lone-wolf.  :D

I did indeed put it in a mix file, but I had the files incorrectly named as you pointed out.  However, even after using your new mission converter, nothing seems to work in-game.  The Air Traffic control building has no icon (and is messed up), and the Yak is still just a normal Yak.  I attached my converted mission to this post so you can take a look at it.  If it works in your game, then something is up with my install...  I simply extracted the mission to the same folder as your converter, ran the program, and the attached file is the result (after adding to a mix file).

It looks good, no idea why it doesn't load it lol

Does it work in your game folder?  The quickest way to tell is to load the mission, build a tech center, and see if the new "Control Tower" unit displays correctly in the build menu. For me, it does not.

Didn't work for me either, but I knew we had such a problem before and it was fixed. The patch for it was missing in ra95.exe

I updated ra1installer now, you can also get the single file from here:

http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/RedAlert/ra95.exe

That fixed it, thanks!  I will test your mission loader with more mods that contain shp files and let you know how it goes.

Unrelated topic here, but now that I know you can modify Ra95.exe I have to ask about another "bug"...  It is a massive annoyance to me that the music does not shuffle when you load a saved game.  Can this be easily fixed by modifying Ra95.exe?  I hate always hearing Big Foot and having to manually change the track by opening the music browser when I load a saved game.  In a perfect world, it would be nice if the music did not change at all when loading a saved game, but at the very least it could be shuffled...  Nyergud's patch 1.06 for C&C does not have this problem, so I know it can't be that difficult to fix this issue in Red Alert.

That fixed it, thanks!  I will test your mission loader with more mods that contain shp files and let you know how it goes.

Unrelated topic here, but now that I know you can modify Ra95.exe I have to ask about another "bug"...  It is a massive annoyance to me that the music does not shuffle when you load a saved game.  Can this be easily fixed by modifying Ra95.exe?  I hate always hearing Big Foot and having to manually change the track by opening the music browser when I load a saved game.  In a perfect world, it would be nice if the music did not change at all when loading a saved game, but at the very least it could be shuffled...  Nyergud's patch 1.06 for C&C does not have this problem, so I know it can't be that difficult to fix this issue in Red Alert.

I don't really work often on single player related patches, so I can't make any promises but maybe one day I will look into it

Uh, I messed with that code in C&C95, so I more or less know how it works... but given the fact I never actually worked with RA95, that doesn't magically give me any idea where that code is located in there. Though CCHyper might now.

Also, I read everything. My portal to this site is the "unread posts" list  :P

Uh, I messed with that code in C&C95, so I more or less know how it works... but given the fact I never actually worked with RA95, that doesn't magically give me any idea where that code is located in there. Though CCHyper might now.

Time to tag in CCHyper then.  :D

But yeah, I know you haven't worked with RA95 - but I also know that both engines are somewhat similar.  Anyway, It is just a huge annoyance when Big Foot plays every time a saved game is loaded.  I pretty much hate Big Foot now as a result. :P

Also, I read everything. My portal to this site is the "unread posts" list  :P

I figured you were lurking around; I just hadn't seen you in a few days.  Good to see you are still alive and well.  :D

Does anyone know why Mission 4 of the "Cocaine" campaign says "Mission Failed" at the very beginning?  I don't know anything about mission making or triggers, but perhaps someone else here can help?  I have attached the campaign in question to this post.  I would like to include this campaign since the other missions work...

Edit: I think the mission failed problem happens with missions that are supposed to carry over stuff from the previous mission.  I also noticed that mission #15 in the "Crimson" campaign crashes, because the map is empty.  I guess units are supposed to carry over from mission #14.  Is there a way to make stuff carry over using the new menu system, or are we out of luck?  Optimally, it would be nice to be able to combine two missions in one entry, and have the second mission continue after the first mission.  This would only be necessary in missions that carry-over from the previous mission, of course.

Edit #2:  Also, does anyone know why maps using the new Jungle Tileset crash the game?  For example, RA: Reloaded maps 3 and 4 crash the game...  Is this something about my install only?

Hi,

Just wanted to ask this since it's not worth making a thread and I'm very curious despite probably knowing the answer D:

Does anyway have Fall of the USSR by Flamewolf? https://web.archive.org/web/20001003212151/http://ra.tiberiumsun.com/fallussr.shtml

It was a sequel to his excellent Desperation campaign which happens to be my favourite RA campaign, but sadly it was only hosted on Incredible Alert and no one seemed to archive it, which is annoying considering people saved Defection and Desperation which came out just prior to it and were both hosted on the same site, it annoys me given it's likely lost forever and he's my favourite mission maker for RA :(

• 2 years later...

I just found that Desperation campaign on an "unofficial expansion" disk for TS. (This one, to be specific. A big thanks to Taxowlbear for donating his collection to me)

Though it seems that one's just on ra.afraid.org anyway...

http://ra.afraid.org/html/downloads/campaigns-2.html

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out as I dig through these disks.