I made SC map on openra TD mode

zbbz

Is there a way to port TD mode map to RA mode, It would be tedious to redo the same map all over again. Also I'm doing this on openra based simply because it runs on gnu linux. I haven't tried running cncnet client on gnu linux before.

Is there a way to port TD mode map to RA mode, It would be tedious to redo the same map all over again.

The OpenRA Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn mod tilesets are too different for automatic conversions at least at the moment. There were some attempts for a unified tileset when the missing pieces for the Red Alert DESERT theme were painted, but no one worked on it further and it is also not really on our development agenda. Some voices actually wanted to remove SNOW from Tiberian Dawn and DESERT from Red Alert again to differentiate the mods further and keep the original spirit.

I'm fairly sure OpenRA doesn't use the C&C map format at all.

Not quite right. So far no one bothered to write and maintain a conversion tool into the OpenRA -> legacy RA95 direction. From a technical standpoint you could easily write a converter. The map.bin part is the binary section in the original .mpr and the map.yaml only contains meta data which can also be easily translated back to .ini format.

Converting from the original games to OpenRA is straightforward, and we have importers (in various states of completion) for C&C, RA, D2K, SS, TS, and RA2.  Converting from OpenRA back to the original games is tricky because they have hardcoded size limits that are smaller than a lot of the maps that are made for the OpenRA mods.

The map.bin part of our maps used to be binary compatible with TD, but this changed a long time ago first for supporting arbitrary sized maps, and then again more recently to add support for heightmaps.