Curiosity

hxazgalor

I'm just wondering, is it actually possible to prevent CnCNet from auto-updating every time it is launched? And can I actually play offline games using the client? (since it adds some tiny extra features that the normal RA2 skirmish lobby doesn't have) Just wanna know.

Thanks, and great to see the community thriving! :cncsmirk:

I'm just wondering, is it actually possible to prevent CnCNet from auto-updating every time it is launched? And can I actually play offline games using the client? (since it adds some tiny extra features that the normal RA2 skirmish lobby doesn't have) Just wanna know.

Thanks, and great to see the community thriving! :cncsmirk:

Hello! Afraid not regarding the auto-updating. You can play skirmish games via the client though.

Depending on whether you have the full game or a multiplayer/skirmish install, there's ra95launcher and ra1MPlauncher.  One gives the option of play offline and the other gives offline skirmish using CNCnet's setup.  Or regardless of version click play online but then choose skirmish instead of logging in.

CNCNet's skirmish will fix Allied Nations' bonuses instead of Germany being the only good one and it loads spawn1.mix which is required for map mods like my XO that use C&C1 gfx.