Problem with MSI?

MickyBee

Question

Think I posted this to the wrong part of the forum, reposting here.

Hey, new here. I've downloaded RA2 off Origin. I loved the game as a kid. I've already had several problems with it but I've managed to sort them out with all the usual fixes (compatability/reduced colour/ini edit/etc). The problem I've having at the moment is a box that comes up which says it can't find Red Alert Yuri's Revenge.msi. I attached a picture.

If anybody needs a link to the picture: https://imgur.com/xtk5XWF

The game still starts I just have to press cancel a few times and okay. The main issue however is the fact that I can't play the campaign. Sometimes when I complete a mission the bar will come up again forcing ra2 to crash or I have to tab out to get it to continue. Unfortunately, if I tab out, I just get a black screen with audio or sometimes a little black rectangle in the corner of the map. Is there any way to remedy this? I really just want to play this game. I'm on Windows 10 and I have do the extend screens trick by adding another display and I tried Windows Key + P but that didn't work either.

Can anybody help?

yuriproblem.png.fb1231370a1277aa244635a2a14f4dc0.png

8 answers to this question

Nevermind on the MSI issue, I worked it out :) You just have to run and download microsoft fix it. Go on choose the program manually, then click try uninstall. Worked for me

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en

Only issue now is the alt tab black screen issue but I know a lot of people have that issue. Is there a fix for that yet?

An MSI is an installer file I belive.

On Windows 7 and up you can NOT Alt+Tab out of the game. It will mess up and you will have to close the game. There is no known fix for this.

I should save up and offer a monetary reward for fixing this issue. Wonder if somebody would take it?