bomber glitch

kenshiro

This glitch is in the list of glitches I have posted here that the CNCNET staff are aware of.

Knowing what causes it might help:

When your aircraft is on a pad, but has no ammo, and is told to fire on something: It will remain on the pad, but never charge unless lifted and put back on the pad.

Work-around: Don't tell aircraft on a pad without ammo to fire on something.  (Easier said than done, especially when you have 15 banshees all numbered 1 and keep selecting group 1 and using them to defend on coming titan rushes.  Etc.

Best fix i ever figured out was to pay attention to my base and units and what theyre doing. Sounds like bad micro to me.

Go 1v1 Kapa371 about 10 times and get back to me how your Aircraft micro was :P

I'm aware of Kapas micro but that doesn't change the fact that its basic principal lol. I always take numbers off my bombers when they hit the pads. It's just a control issue.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a way to prevent this from happening... place same-color waypoints on your pads and have the final waypoint placed on the ground, then command your bombers/bans to land on the pads by clicking the waypoints. Once your planes have reloaded, they will land on the ground where the waypoint marker is, and the next empty plane will land on the pad, and this pattern will continue until all of your planes are reloaded and sitting on the ground.

^good to know

way points are so confusing

i thought i was so cool the other day because right before i surrendered i somehow blew up a refinery then hurt another 1 with banchees when i was only going after the 1 refinery

turned out what happened i guess was i marked the refineries with way points because i thought he was going to go stealth he did but lost power or something before i attacked and the bancheez went all hardcore due to the waypoints somehow

i still lost but learned a little something new

There is a way to prevent this from happening... place same-color waypoints on your pads and have the final waypoint placed on the ground, then command your bombers/bans to land on the pads by clicking the waypoints. Once your planes have reloaded, they will land on the ground where the waypoint marker is, and the next empty plane will land on the pad, and this pattern will continue until all of your planes are reloaded and sitting on the ground.

This doesn't work if you leave your aircraft numbered, select that number, and tell it to attack something, if one of the aircraft on a pad are that said number, they will not fire on said target, remain on the pad, and not load.  This is what allows more than one aircraft to be on the same pad.