IMportant att admins

Mahbod

i did not agree to any t&C that allows a instant established connection between client and host that has full read write rights to my hard drive. with out my consent. when joining another players hosted game for example map transfer. this is a serious breach of security i highly suggest you patch immediately before you get a law suit so big cncnet gets shutdown.

ALso cncnet.org/funkyfr3sh/logs or what ever is a breach of privacy this cannot be public fix.

id be more discrete but unfortunately i cant contact any one since the new security u added on irc.

Hi Mahbod,

Thanks for your concern and sorry you feel like your privacy has been breached.  A basic T&C will be drawn up and included when its ready, this is on an action list of ours.

Lobby logs you are made aware of in the MOTD or CnCNet5 bot announcements. They are not a breach of privacy, they include public log chats that every user will view, not private chats.

If you have concerns which you do not wish to announce in the forums, you can message anyone in the lobby channels with an @ next to their name. Or PM any CnCNet team member on the forum. However, they are not obliged to reply, so please do not expect a response.

Our IRC chat is now for developers and of CnCNet staff only, you can contact any one of us in the above methods.

You are right about the map sharing, that's how it works in the original games. The host is sending the map files directly to the other players peer to peer. But here on cncnet we changed that, we added another layer of security, players cannot send each other any files directly

Here is how it works on cncnet:

Player 1 creates a new map and selects the map in his game room

Player 2 checks if the map is available on the server

Server answers Player 2 and tells him that the map is not on the server

Player 2 asks Player 1 to upload the map to the server

Player 1 tries to upload the map to the server, the server will check if the file is really a map and everything is ok with it

Server accepts the map if everything is fine and tells Player 1 about the successful upload

Player 1 tells Player 2 that the server accepted the map

Player 2 checks if the map is available on the server again

Server gives the ok and sends the map to Player 2

with out my consent.

You are the one running the program. It doesn't start or install itself. As long as you don't run it, nothing of that kind happens, and you know what it does once you start it up. If you think that's some kind of security concern... simply don't use it.

By starting the program, you give it permission to run and act as it's supposed to act.

You are right about the map sharing, that's how it works in the original games. The host is sending the map files directly to the other players peer to peer. But here on cncnet we changed that, we added another layer of security, players cannot send each other any files directly

Here is how it works on cncnet:

Player 1 creates a new map and selects the map in his game room

Player 2 checks if the map is available on the server

Server answers Player 2 and tells him that the map is not on the server

Player 2 asks Player 1 to upload the map to the server

Player 1 tries to upload the map to the server, the server will check if the file is really a map and everything is ok with it

Server accepts the map if everything is fine and tells Player 1 about the successful upload

Player 1 tells Player 2 that the server accepted the map

Player 2 checks if the map is available on the server again

Server gives the ok and sends the map to Player 2

lets not get technical, this is a breach it cannot be automated there was no T&C stating any of this, just b.c it gets checked by ur server doesnt make it legal still a breach and you know as well as i that you can hide code to fool the server. still this has to be manual some type of notification or otpion to disbale auto transfers so what if im the server? or the host of the tunnel if i am the server i can do many things to fool the processes of " the file is okay" once again lets not get all genius cause at 13 i was doing this shit im 28 now i have my ccie bro your playing with fire.

with out my consent.

You are the one running the program. It doesn't start or install itself. As long as you don't run it, nothing of that kind happens, and you know what it does once you start it up. If you think that's some kind of security concern... simply don't use it.

By starting the program, you give it permission to run and act as it's supposed to act.

maybe you dont understand how the law works champ, when you provide a service  you must outline all things, which hasnt been done not every person is as educated as me and checked every loop whole your whole server has you understand? i am playing " with cncent'  under the impression that i am safe on your service or apprently thats not how the law works so but if you really think what your doing is legal lets see my legal knowledge and resources vs cncnet? we can see how long you last. i can promise you 1 week i will have cncnet down and force you to patch all security exploits and a t&C right now your committing fraud people come to play here believing its safe clearly its not. and you never outline how the program "acts"

wanna play?

or wana just accept what im telling you cause im trying to help, this is my approach with people who are in denial and salty

or wana just accept what im telling you cause im trying to help

You have to admit, it would be a first :dry:

As far as I'm concerned, the non-liability clause applies to any free software, no matter what it does to perform its functions. You download it, you choose to use it. It can eat your hard disk, set your keyboard on fire or cause Martians to land in your back yard, but you installed it, so it's not our fault.

Oh, hey. In fact that's exactly the license of my C&C95 patch. Except I added a "no whining" clause. Let's just go ahead and add that to cncnet's installer :cncsmirk:

As far as I'm concerned, the non-liability clause applies to any free software, no matter what it does to perform its functions. You download it, you choose to use it. It can eat your hard disk, set your keyboard on fire or cause Martians to land in your back yard, but you installed it, so it's not our fault.

Oh, hey. In fact that's exactly the license of my C&C95 patch. Except I added a "no whining" clause. Let's just go ahead and add that to cncnet's installer :cncsmirk:

My head hurts, please stick to programming. thank you you cant false advertise you have to have a t&c tyou have to let the community know the issues and flaws you have no outlined anything i dont care if its free you have to let them know what your software does you cant advertise this and it does that?, either way you obvious dont know i highly suggest you fix and create a t&c and patch your flaws asap

and get the fuck over your pride accept when your wrong

My head hurts, please stick to programming. thank you you cant false advertise you have to have a t&c tyou have to let the community know the issues and flaws you have no outlined anything i dont care if its free you have to let them know what your software does you cant advertise this and it does that?, either way you obvious dont know i highly suggest you fix and create a t&c and patch your flaws asap

and get the fuck over your pride accept when your wrong

Hi Mahbod,

I'm locking this topic since its purpose is done, thanks for raising your point. In the meantime if you are unhappy, please feel to stop using CnCNet services.

If you have concerns which you do not wish to announce in the forums in the future, you can message anyone in the lobby channels with an @ next to their name. Or PM any CnCNet team member on the forum. However, they are not obliged to reply, so please do not expect a response.