FINAL SUN - Create missions & compstomps! GIF Tutorials [TS]

Holland

Working with triggers is very easy, and I hope by watching a video or a GIF, you could be inspired to make a map with triggers once you can see how simple it is. (make sure your browser allows GIF).

In final sun, first you have to disable 'Beginner mode' under 'options'

How to make your map to reveal entire map:

RX84kz.gif

**EDIT: Under trigger options Set trigger's house to Neutral (in the gif its GDI, but that won't work anymore)

Try this on your own map and discover the awesome possibilities. As you can see, there is a big list in the tabs Events and Action! You can pick whatever you want, and they work!

Now here I show you how to create Infantrys that appears to come out of the Hand of Nod, and move in and attack everything close by.

CLcthN.gif

Obviously, this is gonna be a compstomp and so 'Neutral' is the enemy. To make sure that Neutral is gonna be a valid opponent, you have to edit the map file, and add this code:

[Neutral]
Multiplay=yes
MultiplayPassive=false

Your map file is located in your install directory \TiberianSun_Online\Maps

You can edit the file easily with wordpad or any other editor.

If you have difficulty doing this, you can add the codes in the INI Editor in Final sun, see GIF:

YfYbUi.gif

The INI editor is a great way to quickly make any changes to units. You just have to know the codes, you can look them up easily in the rules.ini file, Just use ctrl+f to find a code you like to edit.

What I use to easily look up codes is the software TibEd. http://www.tibed.net/downloads

are you handy with Final Sun too? please get a screenshot software (like Greenshot), and use makeagif.com to create a gif!

• 1 year later...

Hey,  can you help me how to set trigger? I have multiplayer map in skirmish and i built base (for AI that will attack you when you come in range) and i want to set trigger that when any player  destroy base defences that base will belong to him (he will get buildings in that base). Please tell me how to do it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 5:10 AM, LucasSK said:

Hey,  can you help me how to set trigger? I have multiplayer map in skirmish and i built base (for AI that will attack you when you come in range) and i want to set trigger that when any player  destroy base defences that base will belong to him (he will get buildings in that base). Please tell me how to do it!

Awesome. YEah i'm happy to tell you how to do it, its just gonna be alot of work and pain lol. So i recommend u not to do it, but i'll tell u how anyway. This is gonna be very tricky, for multiple players can destroy the defences at the same time, and we only have the event "44 Attacked by (house)..." to decide which player is gonna get the house. But here are the steps:

First ofcourse, Create a Trigger with event "48 Destroyed by anything" and action "56 Local Set...". Clone the trigger multiplied with the amount of defence buildings,

Create the same amount of Locals (Edit > Local Variables),  and use those in the trigger actions you just made.

Attach the triggers to the defences. (double click on a building and use Attached Tag)

Second,

Create a new trigger, disable it. lets name it 'player1' ' Event "36 Local is set..." , create same amount of these events as the locals, and pick each local. Action: 14 Change House... Pick SPawn1 (or type 50 if its not in the list) Attach this trigger to all the buildings that will change house.

Clone this trigger 7 times so you have for all 8 players (depending on how many players ur map has ofcourse), rename them all and edit the action parameter to all players (Spawn2, spawn3, or type 51, 52, etc) also name them player2, player3, etc.

Now go back to trigger "player1", and pick Attached trigger, 'player2' . NOw go to trigger "player2", and pick in attached trigger" "player3", do this for all 8.

NOw we have to get a little creative. Lets say only 1 player is attacking the base,

Create new trigger, lets name it "decide house1" use Event"44 Attacked by (house)..."  and pick spawn1, (or type in 50). Action "53 Enable Trigger", and choose the trigger "player1".

Clone this trigger also as many times as the players in your map, change name and change the events to their spawns, same for the action parameters., then use "attached trigger" same way we did before, with all 8 triggers.

TO prevent having too much work on this (Which it already is, lol), i would recommend using 1 main building that will decide who's house it will be, and attach "decide house" to that building.

Final step you have to take (when u use "Attached triggers"), go to edit > tag editor, and delete all the attached trigger's tags. SO delete player2 to player8, and delete "decide house2" to "decide house 8"

SO now, who ever hits that building first, will enable his trigger, and when all the locals are set -so when all defenses are destroyed-, they will all turn that house. ANyway i havn't tried this yet cuz its so much work. Not sure if we also need to disable the other player's triggers, tbh.

this can scratch ur brain right? This is some oldskool scripting, lol. but yeah all this work is the dilemma when using different spawn options. Its easier to just create 1 trigger, or just build engies, lol. or only using the first step i mentioned with locals and just a single "player1" trigger. ANyway i wouldnt do it if I were you. We can finally create stuff with different spawns, but its so much freaking work. download TSwavemaker, made by ptapiok to make this stuff easier, u can just use events in ascending order and stuff, and even clone scripts and teams etc. I use it if i wanna make something crazy like this. it just sucks that buildings will lose their triggers when the house is changed. Anyway i'm hoping i at least helped you with something

Thanks. Please can i ask for litte more help?  

1. How to properly make trigger which extends map?

2. Some more explanation about locals (i dont know really much about them)

3. How to make veins (in FinalSun i dont see veins for any reason and veinholes too, its just a ground. There are veins, but i cant see them.

Thank for reply :) and help.

I will give a full answer on that when i got time! Veinhole monster and veins should be in Special overlay. If final sun glitches for you and you and its all white when using veins its a little trickier uhu, but you can just place the veinhole monster, add veins all around it, save it and test it and it shld be there eventho u cant see it

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2018 at 9:50 AM, LucasSK said:

Thanks. Please can i ask for litte more help?  

1. How to properly make trigger which extends map?

Under Edit>  Map > CHange.  you can see the following order: Width, Height, Left  Top

Under Action Type #40 its in this Order:  Bottom, Left RIght, TOp

Left 	= 	Left
Top 	= 	Top
Bottom 	= 	Height
Right 	= 	Width

I'd make a quick trigger and just test to get a hang of it. I also assume you're adjusting the 'visible area' as well, with this.

I used this many times in my map "waveloop pyramids": http://mapdb.cncnet.org/ts/6aa193908df8d53738f1f3cfddcaa5b39691d1c4.zip

THe triggers are called "CHange 1" , change 2"   etc.

2. Some more explanation about locals (i dont know really much about them)

It just holds a value in memory and can be read by a trigger.
Set = on Clear = off , so basically just a switch. You can even Set or Clear a local in in SCripts, which will activate a trigger,  i made one in my boat map: http://mapdb.cncnet.org/ts/c595848409b7f07167ee275cb0b18df10f32bcb0.zip

3. How to make veins (in FinalSun i dont see veins for any reason and veinholes too, its just a ground. There are veins, but i cant see them.

Thank for reply :) and help.

Hmm interesting, Are you using from SPecial/ Overay > Veinhole monster?

Place a monster, and place veins all the way around them to make them work.

Sorry for the wait dude

No problem, wow thanks for help. My map is nearly done (65%). :) I will give you credits there, cause you helped me a lot. Can i ask about more help if needed later? 

And btw i now see veins (i dont know how, but i see them). Only veinhole monster is buggy, i must used  the one in overay. Also i recorded my map making and speeded it up (16x) if you want, i can send you short video of making it.

Thanks...

Lucas.

Edited by LucasSK

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 9:50 AM, LucasSK said:

No problem, wow thanks for help. My map is nearly done (65%). :) I will give you credits there, cause you helped me a lot. Can i ask about more help if needed later? 

And btw i now see veins (i dont know how, but i see them). Only veinhole monster is buggy, i must used  the one in overay. Also i recorded my map making and speeded it up (16x) if you want, i can send you short video of making it.

Thanks...

Lucas.

sure bro. do u got Discord? get it if not, and add me: Holland #0142

• 1 month later...