How long will Tiberian Sun full version remain in beta ?

promaty

Hi, I'm not much of a multiplayer guy, but I love the C&C campaigns and I support your site for keeping these games alive.

My question: When will the full version no longer be in beta? I've tried playing through the campaign on Windows 10 64bit and game seems to randomly crash making the campaign completely unplayable.. I used TS-DDRAW rendering, seems to work like a charm for a few minutes and then I get an unexpected crash...

Ok the only issue that I still have sometimes is that the view randomly freezes and I can only hear the sound. I have to alt+tab to desktop and back to fix it.

Another weird observation is that when you set smaller resolutions, e.g. 1600x900 or 1366x768 I get black frames at the top and bottom of my screen. Aspect ratio is not 16:9 anymore, more like 16:8 or 16:7. I personally don't have a problem playing in default 1920x1080, but I would imagine some other people wanting smaller resolutions if they have smaller screens with the same native 1080p resolution.

Other than this, the game is fine now and I can play throughout the campaign, thanks.

Nope that's not it because scaling problems would make a black border all around the screen, when in my case it is only at the top and at the bottom of the screen.

- I've tried playing with nvidia control panel scaling settings, no change.

- All other games that I've ever tried scale fine.

I don't have issues with any black borders when I play when I play the game in 16:9 resolutions. I usually play in 1280 x 720 and my monitor is 2560 x 1440 natively.

Can you post your settings (screenshot the tool) and more information about your PC?

Ok sorry, scaling issues were on my end. TS doesn't like my HDMI connection, had to change scaling from "Monitor" to "GPU" and now the resolution is fine...

Though I still have that strange freezing issue where from time to time the view stops and I can only hear the sound.

All TS options are default (1920x1080 + graphics patch + dxwnd).

PC specs: i5-4570k, GTX 970, 16GB, windows 10 pro 64bit with newest drivers. Maybe freezing issue is also HDMI related? Seems like a major one so probably others are not experiencing it.

Ok so here are some combinations:

- dxwnd + graphics patch = flawless performance for a few minutes and then a freeze (still playable with alt+tab)

- dxwnd without the patch = poor performance, completely unplayable

- TS-DDraw + graphics patch = nice performance, but glitches in the menus and a random crash after a few minutes

- TS-DDraw without the patch = nice performance, no crashes so far (~30min playing), but buggy/unusable menus

- any other combinations of ie-ddraw / ddwrapper are unplayable. Freezing initial menus / poor performance, etc...

So there is no perfect combination it seems :) (at least on my Win 10 PC)

Ok so here are some combinations:

- dxwnd + graphics patch = flawless performance for a few minutes and then a freeze (still playable with alt+tab)

- dxwnd without the patch = poor performance, completely unplayable

- TS-DDraw + graphics patch = nice performance, but glitches in the menus and a random crash after a few minutes

- TS-DDraw without the patch = nice performance, no crashes so far (~30min playing), but buggy/unusable menus

- any other combinations of ie-ddraw / ddwrapper are unplayable. Freezing initial menus / poor performance, etc...

So there is no perfect combination it seems :) (at least on my Win 10 PC)

Does default work at all?

Just updated to the latest version, more observations:

- Single Processor Affinity is always set by default.

- Default / ddwrapper rendering = invisible initial screen

- Default / ddwrapper + windowed mode = can start the game but poor performance (with or without the graphics patch). Window borders are annoying.

- IE-ddraw = poor performance in any combination of windowed mode + graphics patch

- TS-DDraw = random crashes in the initial / in game menus (with or without graphics patch). If I manage to launch the game, performance is OK, but have to avoid the menus and can get a random crash without going to the menus as well..

- DxWnd alone = poor performance

- DxWnd + graphics patch = great performance, but random freezing after a while (need to alt+tab)

- DxWnd + graphics patch + windowed mode (no window border) = Performance is perfect, no freezing played for an hour (yay). BUT there seems to be a strange lag in the in-game menus, i.e. need to wait 5-10 seconds before an option changes.

Furthermore, there seems to be a missing script in the keyboard customization in-game menu when using DxWnd. Basically when you try to select different commands - the placeholder that is supposed to show the assigned key is empty. Furthermore when you are changing the command category - list of commands on the right stays the same... This is true for both normal and windowed modes  (doesn't appear with any other rendering, just DxWnd).

So basically I need launch the game in other rendering, customize the keys (if I need), then launch DxWnd + patch + windowed and I can play forever (with laggy menus, but I don't really need them for anything). Good progress! :D

Also another question, did you guys do any other customization of the game like balancing, unit damage, etc.? I have a feeling that the campaigns got much harder (which is not a bad thing). Is it possible to see the patch notes somewhere?

No balance changes have been done.

There are some issues with certain menus with DxWnd Windowed mode. For menu lag try clicking it usually speeds them up.

Just uploaded a new version it has a new version od DXWnd adds some more DxWnd settings to TSConfig and fixes some TSConfig bugs.