Issue downloading Tiberian Sun.

Blarg227

Question

upon downloading TS, when attempting to open it, I get this message:

[glow=red,2,300]Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.[/glow]

If anyone can give guidance on how to solve this issue, that would be much appreciated!

Capture.PNG.5fe0ade4470e92b354c24f32003c7f58.PNG

18 answers to this question

Not sure what it could be, I guess we can enable the logging and see what exactly happens.

Do you know how to start a program with parameters? If you do, start the installer using this parameter: /LOG="TiberianSun.log"

If you don't know how to do it, then download the following batch file and place it in the same directory as the installer, use the batch file to start it up. It will create a log file named TiberianSun.log

https://f5158ae95c0b14bbdeb4b5e5d93f94e4ebc9b66d.googledrive.com/host/0B5by5H1Q2PxEVDYtM0tPTWMtRlU/TiberianSun_Online_Installer_log.bat

I tried using the batch file to open it and for some reason, it won't create a log file. I couldn't even find the log file in a different directory. It simply wont create one. Could you tell me how to run the installer with the parameters? My only assumption on that is that I need to use the command line.

You know, I feel kinda dumb. I just realized that I could simply download on a different PC and use a flash drive to transfer the files to my laptop.

However, if that ALSO fails, then there is something seriously wrong with the download. (but I doubt that)

Either way, thanks for the help. I'll post again if that works. If not, send me a .zip with the game files and then try to figure out what might be wrong with the download.

You should be able to copy it over from one pc to another, you might need to tweak the settings a bit if it doesn't work, try to enable DxWnd

The problem you have is related to the path, there might be something weird in it, maybe a special char? As a last test, try to copy the installer directly to c:/ and start it from there