Frustrated with Siberian Conflict #1: Fresh Tracks

TaxOwlbear

I'm getting frustrated with this mission. I tried a bunch of strategies. What seems to work best is building three or more miners, mass produce light tanks, destroy all bridges and patrols, and then focus on taking out whatever new stuff the Soviets send.

My main problem with this missions is that if I make one mistake - namely getting my light tanks column blown up by a nuke and letting a lorry slip through in the process - it's over and I have to start all over again. Stacks of nuke crates all over the map don't make that easier.

Any advice? I think back in the day I managed to complete this mission with little more than mine layers, but I can't be bothered to try out more strategies right now because this mission has wasted too much of my time already.

Did it. I turned down the game speed, utilised mines better (saved me more than once, and is great for sealing off the western entrance to your base) and managed to avoid detonating those crates. Interestingly, the Soviets never touch any crates and I ended up effectively creating roadblocks out of nuclear crates.

I just use light tanks to blockade the base so no unit can leave or blockade the base but one way out and make it a death path lined with tanks and gun turs.

I think you're thinking of the wrong mission. (Are you thinking about Trapped and not Fresh Tracks?)

You don't have a CY in the first Siberian Mission.

I just use light tanks to blockade the base so no unit can leave or blockade the base but one way out and make it a death path lined with tanks and gun turs.

I think you're thinking of the wrong mission. (Are you thinking about Trapped and not Fresh Tracks?)

You don't have a CY in the first Siberian Mission.

Crap....