LKO's crashy maps

Grove4life5

I posted about it before but I managed to solve it in that mission, I still think it has something to do with air units overload, or at least with air units.

Map: Desert Run  -LKO when: when I'm about to get airstriked and Orca's come at me base as well, they have 10 heli pads and knowing LKO's maps probatly also alot more Orca's landing in thier base while I also have 4 Apaches.

Maybe you guys know to fix it somehow...

Screenshot_1.png.483d080f6d5d5a9fd2a75aa3f53f4b50.png

Yep, I believe that's the error message for aircraft overload.  There are a maximum of 30 aircraft allowed on the map.  If you have 30 orcas or reinforce 30 Chinooks (even when they unload and depart, they never really leave the map) then say, a nod cargo plane enters the map, that's the exact error message it gives

Yep, I believe that's the error message for aircraft overload.  There are a maximum of 30 aircraft allowed on the map.  If you have 30 orcas or reinforce 30 Chinooks (even when they unload and depart, they never really leave the map) then say, a nod cargo plane enters the map, that's the exact error message it gives

Wow thanks! That's actully helpfull, I will try some stuff...

Really? Seems odd, because A10s and C17s get stuck in exactly the way. That would mean that using ten 3-plane airstrikes, or ordering 30 units with Nod, would crash the game. Seems highly unlikely.

But who said A-10's and C-17's don't leave the map? It's just the LKO took "airbase" a bit too huge in this mission...

It's known that these air units don't leave the map, they stay in the border, you just can't see them, but they are there. Sometimes you can see bazookas trying to bring them down, shooting on the edges of the map against "nothing".

Really? Seems odd, because A10s and C17s get stuck in exactly the way. That would mean that using ten 3-plane airstrikes, or ordering 30 units with Nod, would crash the game. Seems highly unlikely.

Well, the thing is that if you reach the maximum of 30, Orcas, A-10s, and chinooks simply won't be generated/enter the map.  However, C-17s apparently will spawn NO MATTER WHAT-- even if it goes over the 30 unit limit and crashes the game.  Even building helipads once the limit has been reached will result in an empty helipad and building an orca wont work; the build icon will remain greyed out once construction is complete.

Wouldn't that also mean that building helis stops working after those thirty A-10s / C17s have passed?

Anyway, this crash is specifically in the reinforcing code, and as far as I can see it's just before the checks that determine whether to apply any specific C17 logics to it.

Though, the fact it's a nullpointer might indeed indicate that it didn't manage to create the object it's trying to process.