Trying to enter options menu for RA 1, "System Cannot find the File Specified"

ANewWorldRecord

Question

Hi,

So I have The First Decade, and am using Windows 7.

So I can launch Red Alert and play multiplayer just fine. However, when I go into "Settings" it gives me the "System Cannot Find File Specified" Error even though I set the target directory as the Red Alert folder in my CnC TFD directory. Any help would be appreciated. In addition, my background music seems to not play in multiplayer. I've installed Nyerguds RA303 patch as well, and I have the rasetup exe in the folder.

6 answers to this question

wait... what exactly did you install / combine? The cncnet packages should never be combined with older patch packs.

Base game I got from The First Decade, I installed the patch from your website, along with that No-CD patch/update thing that guy with the wolf avatar linked in this one thread that changes TFD's logo to just the roman numeral 10, and ddraw.dll. TibDawn and TibSun's settings work fine, it's just RA that doesn't seem to budge.

Did you also download cncnet5.exe and put it into your folder or about what multiplayer are we talking? I guess you click on the Settings button inside of cncnet and then you click on Red Alert? Or do you have a game launcher downloaded somewhere too? :D

Anyways, I suggest you to reinstall red alert and afterwards just apply this patch for TFD:

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=1918.0

It got all you need in one package, including the new settings program (you don't seem to have it)

It worked. Thanks man.

While you guys are here, how do you get the YR to switch to just play regular old vanilla Red Alert 2

Cool!

Are you talking about online games here on cncnet? We don't support vanilla Red Alert 2 yet, but you can enable a Red Alert 2 Mode in the game room

YR and RA2 are simply separate executable files; you just need to launch the right one.

But here on cncnet, that would mean the patches required to integrate the multiplayer system into the game would need to be done twice, and for that reason they chose to instead make a "RA2 mode" through rules tweaks on Yuri's Revenge for offering plain non-YR Red Alert 2 online play.