Build Range

adri0477

It's 2 for most buildings. Naval, walls and some other can be placed farther.

It's technically defined per building,

Are you sure about that?! I already said that BuildingTypes, plural, have a property called Adjacency.

It's technically defined per building,

Are you sure about that?! I already said that BuildingTypes, plural, have a property called Adjacency.

Fairly sure it can be defined per building. It could in RA1, at least. But it's entirely possible RA2 added some higher classification to that, I dunno. Never modded that game.

Every building has their range indeed; saw mod maps before where you could build dumb buildings in unlimited range.

Also a small tip but for whatever reason Gap Generator is the only defensive building (a building with 1 space) where you can build something near it. Don't know why and if it was done on purpose (by Westwood), but seeing you say you're new it may help you.

You guys are failing to see the point that there is absolutely no point to have it defined per building.

Much rather it's defined per BuildingType, as I said in my first post; BuildingTypes, note, plural.  :roll:

What use does it have if an already placed building has some sort of unique Adjacency? It's not like you can move already placed buildings...

As far as I know, Westwood never worked with overarching classes in their buildings. A "BuildingType" is just the blueprint for one type of building (like, "Refinery" or "Power Plant"), in contrast to the actual "Building" which is simply a specific instance of a building type when placed on the map.

Yes but the instance only anymore has health, location and few other properties including a reference to the Building/Vehicle/Aircraft/Unit/Infantry-Type.

There's no point in copying things that don't change over and over. Even Westwood wasn't nearly as daft as to do that.