Linux / Wine help needed

RaptorRed

Question

Hey I'm trying to get cncnet to run on linux with wine, the program fires up fine but shows no players and no packets being received, I have port 8054 forwarded on my router and my firewall off, but I still cant see any players/games and looking at a log of network traffic it looks like its not even trying to send anything, any and all help gratefully received cncnet version is 1.2.1.8.

7 answers to this question

As far as I know CnCNet does not work on Linux, any mention of it working on Linux is outdated and experimental...

And I didn't know it even ran on Linux, because it requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher..

Ok thanks for all the reply's I guessed it had something to do with the .Net stuff as nowadays that's the most often cause of something not working in wine, seems like  I will have to wait, Irony if you need any alpha/beta testing let me know.

Raptor,

I was the one who originally implemented the Linux functionality. My apologies for discontinuing it. It used to work by simply staying in the forum chat room, which fed your connection information to the other client's discovery routine. The downside was that it allowed hosting only/no joining, but no other programs were needed other then C&C95,wine and a web browser.

I hope in future that it is reimplemented, or that the foundation of functionality that it laid down may be reused again in cncNet.