Windows 7 BlackScreen Fix:

Humble

(Below are screenshots of TS Config Settings also, make Resolution match your desktop preferably.  Single processor affinity OFF)

(If you don't have this Direct X Control Panel, install the SDK from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812 )

Start / Run / Direct X Control Panel (Not 64 bit!) / DirectDraw / Use Hardware Acceleration:

dx.jpg.d034f74cf790255823094445dc2fe9cd.jpg

2.jpg.1a012f2c86dec6a0153f8e4829ea07ca.jpg

3.jpg.3af9e28a970b7b3681426c2a707b1d79.jpg

...why would something under Internet Options ever matter for a game on your hard disk?

this is almost as dumb as the guy who thought you could login to archived websites. maybe that was humble too. LOL. his clan also thinks you dont have to build sams in tiberian sun.

Yeah I agree totally with Mr 12345. ROFL! well said mr 12345 they are so dumb and don´t even know the basic essence of GDI play of pumping mass tits and get enough sams up in time while focusing on harvcontrol and keeping up with macro through out the game.  I mean SAS clan who the H*ll they think they are.. Let´s crush'em. :dry:

...why would something under Internet Options ever matter for a game on your hard disk?

I was reading online help forums and some people had issues until changing that setting, so I assume it somehow can effect things outside of IE.

Just like IE settings control if u get warning when opening EXE files or not.

this is almost as dumb as the guy who thought you could login to archived websites. maybe that was humble too. LOL. his clan also thinks you dont have to build sams in tiberian sun.

For 5,001,313,146,872th time, that is not my clan.  Also, quite often search bots like google are given special rights, so I asked people to test the login to verify they just archived the login fail page, and not the entire directory that runs it.  Didn't hurt to test and be sure.  Rather negative, eh Nancy? :P

aaaaa.jpg.6f678ea7bfab8b71205c207601d3ce42.jpg

cool well i figure better safe than sorry lol, but makes sense.  only included that cause i read people had issues with that setting, although i thought it was weird.  first part of the post still applies, hope it helps someone with their issue!

For 5,001,313,146,872th time, that is not my clan.  Also, quite often search bots like google are given special rights, so I asked people to test the login to verify they just archived the login fail page, and not the entire directory that runs it.  Didn't hurt to test and be sure.  Rather negative, eh Nancy? :P

ROFL! Don´t trust anything that come out of this Humble guys mouth.. He is indeed the clan leader of SAS. Unfortunately he have not explained to his annoying clan members that they need SAM sites so both me and mr12345 can fly around with our MK´s in their base all day long easily raping all their structures that are not main buildings.  :D

Access to the path is denied.What should i do?

When opening up the DirectX Control Panel?

Maybe if you are not already, try logging in as administrator account, or right click the short-cut and select 'Run as administrator' ?

For some unknown reason I have not been able to pin down yet, my new setup was loosing these DirectDraw settings upon reboot.

For anyone having similar issues, that doesn't want to have to remember to manually do this after each reboot, you can follow these instructions to fix the issue:

*WARNING* This will prevent you or any software from changing your DirectX settings, which is not an issue as long as you already have them configured properly.  Just make sure to remember this for later in-case you decide to make changes*

Start/Run/Regedit

'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' / 'SOFTWAR'E / 'Wow6432Node' / 'Microsoft' / 'DirectDraw'

Make sure 'EmulationOnly' is set to 0

Right-click 'DirectDraw' and select 'Permissions...'

'Advanced' / 'Add...'

Under 'Enter the object name to select (example)' type 'Everyone' , hit 'OK'

Select the new Permission Entry you just created and click 'Edit'

Under the 'Deny' column make sure to check 'Set Value', 'Delete', and 'Write Owner' , hit 'OK' , hit 'OK' again , hit 'OK' again.

See attached screenshots if needed:

1.jpg.8e627f63d3779947d6d98cf535a885b7.jpg

2.jpg.2dbb170b02ee25ce5aea1f0ac6d084ef.jpg

3.jpg.2fb5234115c56e3eca944cbec86cd82c.jpg

4.jpg.50bc5e47d5d76156ad261e801449e314.jpg

5.jpg.9462625b8696a7d52bde1c92331033a9.jpg

6.jpg.fbf74064398512579ae9d6682a51edc4.jpg

7.jpg.3877d7d454888313d3f54946100b3d07.jpg

With that said, anyone know why DirectX(64) settings would save, but DirextX(32) settings would be lost after reboot?

I have quadruple checked all BIOS settings and Nvidia Control Panel settings, and nothing in either should be causing this.

Maybe I will have to setup software to log any attempts at re-setting said registry value to find the evil culprit.

I think the issue may stem from running 64 bit Windows.  The 64 bit DirectX Control Panel keeps Hardware Acceleration enabled after a reboot, but the 32 bit DX CP doesn't.  Event viewer does not show anything editing the monitored registry key, so something is happening pre-boot, yet no settings in BIOS should be causing this as they are all enabled.

Running Securable by Steve Gibson has this to say, so I think it may be some hard-coded BIOS setting:

"This processor does offer advanced hardware support for virtualization. However, while running under a 64-bit version of Windows this program cannot execute its 32-bit kernel code to determine whether Intel's VMX virtual machine extensions are being locked on, locked off, or neither. Since there's a chance that your system's BIOS may be deliberately disabling support for hardware virtualization (some do) you should re-run this program, if possible,  with administrative privileges under a 32-bit version of NT, XP, or Vista. That will allow SecurAble to run a bit of kernel-mode code in order to determine exactly what's going on. (Note that you can also poke around in your system's BIOS to see whether you're able to find any references to "hardware virtualization" or "VMX", etc."