Nod - Enemy of my Enemy (Single Player)

nariac

Hey everyone, realised I hadn't done a Nod mission for a while, so here's one for you!

This is a very hard base assault mission, with a twist - it's not you assaulting the base, and it's not your base. How mysterious! You'll have to make use of very limited resources to carefully skirt around the edges of an enormous battlefield, and sometimes sneak through it, in order to help one of the warring factions defeat the other one for you. However you'll have to make judgement calls as to when to interfere in the course of the battle. Moving the front line forwards too early might prevent you from safely crossing the battlefield, but leaving it too late could result in GDI being too heavily damaged to mount a proper offensive.

The Enemy of my Enemy

Abbess Sarai has been waging a brutally effective campaign against GDI and its civilian sympathisers in Africa. Perhaps

too brutal. Her excessive methods threaten to alienate the very people we are trying to win over. Her vision no longer

aligns with Kane's, and she must be removed. However, executing such a successful commander would be bad for morale.

Fortunately, GDI is mounting an attack on her base. Sabotage her defenses, and GDI will take care of our problem for us.

Changelog:

• Changed the area around the Hands of Nod to give infantry more room
  • Added a periodic airstrike with one A10 to help free up stuck infantry around the battlefield
  • Fixed a potentially mission breaking problem with a chinook being destroyed before landing
  • Hopefully stopped GDI accumulating absurd numbers of MRLS

Start.jpg.bdd4d0da98ea0629ca869b39f2b58cf9.jpg

Eternal_Conflict.jpg.441656aae1a8bdcfbf4e0396b96f2b36.jpg

Sarais_Base.jpg.d269d777d7043ece85e1c51b4ff633ac.jpg

Enemy_v.3.zip

Edited by nariac

• 4 months later...

Fnally played this one today.

I loved this mission, plain and simple. It was smart, unique, and very fun to play. The puzzle elements were well thought out and the flow is spot on, excellent use of timed elements and looping triggers, I took a look at the inner workings of the mission after I beat it, only then did I realize how intricate this level really is. Masterfully done Nariac, masterfully done.

Map Design: 5/5

Mission Structure: 5/5

Functionality: 5/5

Originality = 5/5

Challenge: 5/5

Final Grade: 100/100 (A++)

Fnally played this one today.

I loved this mission, plain and simple. It was smart, unique, and very fun to play. The puzzle elements were well thought out and the flow is spot on, excellent use of timed elements and looping triggers, I took a look at the inner workings of the mission after I beat it, only then did I realize how intricate this level really is. Masterfully done Nariac, masterfully done.

Map Design: 5/5

Mission Structure: 5/5

Functionality: 5/5

Originality = 5/5

Challenge: 5/5

Final Grade: 100/100 (A++)

Thank you very much, that means a great deal to me. ^_^

I didn't finish it yet, I'm finding it with many different things to do all over the map, which is cool. Crossing that "avenue" is a good challenge.

My only complain so far is the briefing itself. I like the story, but putting it in the briefing is not good. Mind you that I'm not trying to teach anything, you'll find the same problem in my first mission. Unfortunately the briefing is a "place" where giving more direct orders works better (and how to do it).