quick question: about mirage tanks

Capital Smirk

Just discovered this site. Very happy to see there's still live in the cnc community after all these years.

I'd love to do some RA2 classic matches, except for one thing I need to know:

The mirage tanks: can you target them or not?  This was an issue thats was never patched in the original, I do believe it was fixed in YR, but I don't like YR because it nerfed the soviets hard while the allies got OP with Battlefortress and Guardian Gi's and such.

If your troops can just autofire at mirage tanks, it should be balanced out.

In ra2:

Mirage tanks are 'hidden'. Meaning when they are in tree-form it does not allow your cursor to auto-target them. You have to hold control+press on the tree to target it. When they are in tank-form you can target the tank as normal. Your units will not auto-shoot at the tree.

In yr: Mirage tanks are hidden, but you now can target them without holding control+target. Your tanks will still NOT auto shoot them if they are in tree-form, but you will be able to identify which is a tree and which is a mirage by placing your cursor over it.

but I don't like YR because it nerfed the soviets hard while the allies got OP with Battlefortress and Guardian Gi's and such.

Agree.

If your troops can just autofire at mirage tanks, it should be balanced out.

In this case mirage tanks loose their main sense at all!