Counterstrike Single Player Ant Missions

GoGoGadget

Hi there,

I am new to CNCNet but been playing RA1 for almost 15 years now. I often find myself wanting to play the ant missions on single player to mix up the game type (it's the closest thing to a "zombie" mode in this game) but I can't seem to figure out how to play it using the installer from this site. I have used other installers including the First Decade DVD which I own but I was unsuccessful at getting that install to work in high-res (tried several things including ARDA to no avail), but the installer from this site is absolutely the best in every other regard.

I've looked in the expansion missions menu and tried shift+clicking (and every other button on the keyboard) the speaker in the upper right but it does nothing. I have not actually played through the campaigns since I've installed it, however, but I'm not sure that matters.

Are the ant missions accessible in regular single player in any way in this install?

I saw this thread talking about ant mission multiplayer maps... I got a co-op game going with an AI teammate but it seems like the difficulty is cranked waaay up as it's borderline impossible playing by yourself (I can't even get an ore truck built before being completely overrun in the first 2 minutes).

https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=2573.msg16467#msg16467

The features.txt file mentions this:

"

24: New command-line arguments (Thanks to CCHyper):

-ANTMISSIONS: Starts the ant missions campaign if the Counterstrike expansion is enabled.

"

but I have no idea how to execute a command-line argument for the ra95launcher.exe file and I'm not sure if that is for single player or multiplayer.

Anyway, any ideas on how to play the original single-player ant missions?? Thanks for any and all help.

The clickable area was probably not aligned when the high res patch was made, you have to click around a bit to find the right spot.

If you use 1280x720 for example then it should be somewhere in the top middle of the screen. (count 640 pixels from the left to the right to find the original position of the speaker)

The clickable area was probably not aligned when the high res patch was made, you have to click around a bit to find the right spot.

If you use 1280x720 for example then it should be somewhere in the top middle of the screen. (count 640 pixels from the left to the right to find the original position of the speaker)

Thanks a lot! I actually am running it in 1280x720 and I didn't think about remapping the click spot based on resolution change.

I had to click on the "R" in "ALERT" on the main menu.

Thank you thank you thank you!

I did align it in ra303p though:

https://github.com/Iran/ra303p-iran/blob/master/src/hires.asm#L1226