Annoying load issues.

Ra2Nub

Question

Since the latest version I've noticed A LOT of people including me for first time don't load. Seeing it even happens to me, for first time since I've started (2 years ago by now) its bit concerning that there's issues with current version.

Yesterday I didn't load for 3 times (Only I loaded), and if I load there's someone else in the room not loading, suddenly much more often then it was previous versions of 3.0. I am now trying get 7 games going and everytime someone doesn't load. This can't be coincidence.

Don't have logs yet etc, but gathering info if more people are having load issues lately. Load issues is being stuck at loading where either 1) Nobody but you loads or 2) Someone else doesn't load.

Anyone?

EDIT: Should add its 2 vs 2 ~ 3 vs 3 games where I have issues.

16 answers to this question

Gathered some more info for me and other;

ISSUE: It seems a lot of times people see a map as the official map, but its named *Unnamed* and has not the 'high quality' map preview. If the host start with someone that doesn't have the proper map visually displayed, he will not load.

It seems the host sometimes have re-select the map otherwise the person won't see the map. By joining, or by being in-game. This doesn't happen to everyone at same time but for those where it does happen the person will not load.

When I join with someone in this state the server will just download the map, so some official maps are now in my custom folder (lol), so this is I am pretty sure the issue with the loading lately. However, even after downloading the map it will be named 'unnamed' in the lobby and I will not load once it starts.

Still no screenshots or logs, but if I get the issue I will take a SS asap for reference and try to get the logs. I personally got the issue a few times already too.

EDIT: And I still think this is a very recent new problem. Like, either this version or very recent, but surely not when 3.0 was released. Although there were already issues with things like the map reverting to 'The Alamo' after a game, and if nothing changes map related and the host starts, the game will also starts with a crash or no loading. Basically, there are issues with syncing the map properly in 3.0.

Gathered some more info for me and other;

ISSUE: It seems a lot of times people see a map as the official map, but its named *Unnamed* and has not the 'high quality' map preview. If the host start with someone that doesn't have the proper map visually displayed, he will not load.

It seems the host sometimes have re-select the map otherwise the person won't see the map. By joining, or by being in-game. This doesn't happen to everyone at same time but for those where it does happen the person will not load.

When I join with someone in this state the server will just download the map, so some official maps are now in my custom folder (lol), so this is I am pretty sure the issue with the loading lately. However, even after downloading the map it will be named 'unnamed' in the lobby and I will not load once it starts.

Still no screenshots or logs, but if I get the issue I will take a SS asap for reference and try to get the logs. I personally got the issue a few times already too.

EDIT: And I still think this is a very recent new problem. Like, either this version or very recent, but surely not when 3.0 was released. Although there were already issues with things like the map reverting to 'The Alamo' after a game, and if nothing changes map related and the host starts, the game will also starts with a crash or no loading. Basically, there are issues with syncing the map properly in 3.0.

totaly agree

Finally saw a host again that was in this buggy state, still no logs though because I had the client open for really long and I suppose it wouldn't helped.

Join room:

e4641f75e23774ac3823540b24adcaa1.jpg

Lobby:

5fc8d888bf521b9ce3cb01496529a17c.png

When I make the room (when you create a room it take the stats of the last room you were in):

0d1d9448069cf8383ea2fefeacb29782.png

A note that when a host is in this state the game mode is usually something random as well, which I am pretty sure isn't done by the host.

This is a reply to my 'research' earlier:

I still think this is the cause of the load issues, but need gather logs and maybe a way to replicate it. However, if any setting isn't matching with the host when you start it seems you just fail to load during game.

Finally got a clean log.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8gSFgpT3dl3TjhSNlgwMVZWNnc/view?usp=sharing

Started up CnCnet > Joined the 'broken' room.

The room was Sedona Pass but it was named Unnamed map and the usual what I did put above. The game also tried again to download the map. It tried that when I joined, and it tried after when I closed the client, re-opened, and joined the same room.

Hopefully this helps to see in logs what the game try to do and why its called Unnamed map.

EDIT: Apparently more got logged even though I restarted the client once.

Yes grant it is still happening,

yesterday and last night i played and hosted fine without any problems turned off pc and today turned on. and since then i haven't beeen able to play a game.

also i see only 2 tunnels with a ping ? has that anything to do with it? cus with the cnc4 i had a lot more good tunnel pings now they are all unknown. really disapointing when you are having a day off :)

edit:  i added a tunnel from my own adres and even that comes up with unknown ping

Think I've narrowed down the issue.

https://github.com/CnCNet/xna-cncnet-client/issues/25#issuecomment-272712286

Does this sound about right Ra2Nub?

Sorry I haven't played in while due to being busy.

I can't really tell how the first user get infected in this state, but when I join an infected room it indeed try download the map. The preview map looks exactly like the official map but washed out (no .png preview) and the map is named 'unnamed map'. I haven't really tried yet to purposely host in an infected state to see if nobody will load (due to issues), so I can't really comment about that either.

I am also not sure yet if changing maps un-bugs you, but on host screen it surely still says 'unnamed map' as you can see on the screenshots. Honetly I should have exprimented more after I did trigger it using 2 machines, and if I ever get it again I really want to.