Kane Edition and Premier Edition

Tiberian

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]Im late to the c&c party and very sad for that cause i missed some things, can c&c3 kane edition and red alert 3 premier edition be still aquired legally from anywhere nowadays?

Im not proud about it i resorted to download a very rare iso of kane edition which took me long to find and by luck in a german site and found that it has bonus maps and skins for units which you could activate or disable in the options and in the main menu ingame it said Kane Edition (well ok that last one may sound silly but not for me i like collecting rare stuff :D)

As for premier edition iso i just cant find it so i dont know if it also said Premier Edition ingame in the main menu like in the kane edition of tiberium wars but im sure that the bonus maps were not inside the disk instead you had to go to a link and download an exe file to install them and this is still possible to do today since many sites have those maps along with all the other exes of the preorder and beta testers maps.

So basically i need to find the premier edition in any way possible to... see if it had premier edition written ingame in the main menu lol :D

And i would love to replace my pirated kane edition iso with a legit physical copy.

Sorry for the english its my 3rd language

As for premier edition iso i just cant find it so i dont know if it also said Premier Edition ingame in the main menu like in the kane edition of tiberium wars but im sure that the bonus maps were not inside the disk instead you had to go to a link and download an exe file to install them and this is still possible to do today since many sites have those maps along with all the other exes of the preorder and beta testers maps.

Digiex collected all Red Alert 3 bonus maps (Premier Edition, ex-EA Store, GameStop, GAME...) right here: https://digiex.net/threads/red-alert-3-bonus-maps-collectors-edition-eastore-gamestop-preorder-best-buy.615/

Tiberium Wars Kane Edition maps are here: http://www.gamewatcher.com/downloads/command-conquer-3-tiberium-wars-download/kane-edition-map-pack

Kane's Wrath pre-order maps are part of this archive: https://cncguild.net/item-167

And, to complete, an officially downloadable Kane's Wrath mappack (called Map Pack 1 for some reason) is archived here: http://www.cnclabs.com/downloads/details.aspx?id=444

• 2 weeks later...

that map pack from cnclabs seems unofficial + link to downloas is dead and im confused why it says 5 kanes wrath preorder maps i thought there are only 4?

I got all the bonus maps of all the third gen games i just want to know if you install red alert 3 from the premier edition disk will it write premier edition ingame in the main menu where you can select new game etc like in the kane edition of tiberium wars if you install the game from the kane edition disk you see kane edition in the menu and there are extra special settings in the options

Anybody here got the premier edition to check?

that map pack from cnclabs seems unofficial + link to downloas is dead and im confused why it says 5 kanes wrath preorder maps i thought there are only 4?

That's a mirror of the official KW map pack 1, which only missed the Decrepit Arena map. I can't find the original FTP location for this pack, though.

EDIT: Here it is: ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/misc/KanesWrathMapPack1.zip

I got all the bonus maps of all the third gen games i just want to know if you install red alert 3 from the premier edition disk will it write premier edition ingame in the main menu where you can select new game etc like in the kane edition of tiberium wars if you install the game from the kane edition disk you see kane edition in the menu and there are extra special settings in the options

No, the Premier Edition game DVD is identical to the standard one, just with a different sticker. The Kane Edition just enabled its own set of unit textures, and one of the changes was also in the main menu logo (to read Kane Edition), even though basically everyone had those textures, as seen in the ease they can be turned on and off with Kane#.

No, the Premier Edition game DVD is identical to the standard one, just with a different sticker.

Well, same goes for TS Platinum. Doesn't the Premier Edition include an extras DVD or soundtrack or something though? I mean, there's gotta be something making it a special edition.

Doesn't the Premier Edition include an extras DVD or soundtrack or something though? I mean, there's gotta be something making it a special edition.

Of course. The bonus DVD holds some video goodies, including behind the scenes stuff and bloopers, concept art (some of which was never released separately), exclusive episode of Battlecast Primetime etc.

There's also a 44-track (IIRC?) soundtrack disc (which is even missing some tracks like Bring It), a code for the Kossar's Helm item in Warhammer Online, a beta key for "a future C&C" (C&C Arena) which expired on 14 February 2009 (boy, that makes one feel old), an exclusive set of maps (see Digiex link above) which wasn't on disc but had to be extracted from the website (of course, now gone, those fucking shortsighted pricks...), a printed poster of the RA3 gals, a tin case (FROM WHICH THE DISCS CAN BARELY BE EXTRACTED  :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:).