Tiberian Dawn video walkthrough

Mirsset

Hey guys, old casual rts gamer here.

From time to time I revisit my passion for C&C series.  I just started with Tiberian Dawn GDI campaign.

I'm playing through all possible missions. I'm also recording this stuff for posterity.

Actual gameplays are not speedruns, they have more casual pace, so I don't know if there's any point of doin' this kind of thing.

I'm very sceptical that it could sparkle some interest, but if someone is interested I can provide the link for my youtube channel.

Ooh, please do post it! I love watching campaign playthroughs :)

If you haven't got it yet... do install the 1.06 patch; it fixes a bunch of issues in the game, including mission bugs and crashes. Not to mention it unlocks an originally inaccessible variant of mission #5.

[edit]

nevermind; I see you already got it :P

Of course I got your awesome patch. :)

I was quite surprised about that "hidden" mission cause old walkthroughs never mentioned it.

So, the link to my games is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo7ugfiGG7o

From there it is possible to click and choose the particular mission.

I'm trying to do all possible campaign maps. The fact is, I'm not very good rts gamer and I enjoy C&C at my own casual leisure pace.

But I have still 2 basic rules before upload the video:

1. not too much killed units at my side (but that can be quite subjective)

2. not tooooo long video (too long is for me roughly more than 35 min, but I don't know if I will stick to this on later harder missions).

btw, if you're interested... I got an archive of all map pics here, including al special missions, and including campaign selection maps:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/mappics/

(It's the original game data though, without the patch involved. You'll see scg05ea is still the original, namely the near-duplicate of scg5wa, and the hidden variant is still on its original inaccessible filename, namely, scg05eb)

Well, there's barely any obstacles between your starting position and their second conyard, so in that aspect it's actually the easiest one.

Though the bastards do rebuild them, so capture and sell, while it could be profitable when they rebuild, won't actually get rid of it.

Well, there's barely any obstacles between your starting position and their second conyard, so in that aspect it's actually the easiest one.

Yep. i think EA is easily the hardest one. You can't get to their secret conyard without going through their base, and they also have a large tiberium field protected behind their bases.

I forgot about the 6 silos in the EA mission. Those things are a hilarious way of stealing money from the enemy. You just capture them, sell them (making sure to convert the money to credits or store it in your own silos), wait for the enemy to rebuild and refill them, and repeat. You can get insanely much money in no time with that.

Well, the GDI campaign is finished.

Now I should focus my attention on Nod (but Real life is cruel mistress so we'll see how it goes).

Actually, I like their missions much more, some of them are quite unorthodox.

Capturing the base is already hard, and then there's the gunboat too; you can either put effort into killing it, or be very careful to avoid it with the Orca. Not to mention the fact you start with split forces.

The first time I did this I actually just went straight for the helipad and ignored the rest, fending off units from the rest of the base while making the runs. But capturing their refinery and taking over the whole base is a lot easier.

If I remember correctly, there are some odd rules on the engineer deaths/usage in this mission, too; something about losing if you have none of your original engineers left unless you captured the helipad. It meant I had to be really careful with my engineers, since putting my last engie in the barracks made the mission fail, despite that allowing me to build the additional engineer needed to take over the helipad :dry: