How to handle the GDI steam roller (meds naders, troops, mamoths etc) as nod?

chem

That thing is so hard to stop! So many meds, each one so powerful, light tanks just don't cut it. Light tanks and turrets together don't seem to cut it.

People have really improved their buggy defence and made using buggies pointless, and so now im forced to go toe to toe with GDI  which doesn't seem like a winning strategy.  Lazers don't seem very practical they are so delicate. 

Edited by chem

I think if you were to build an Obelisk, you might have to put some sort of obstruction in front of it. For example a building, terrain, or even walls. I'd recommend also target firing certain tanks with the Obelisk so it doesn't attack infantry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AchromicWhite said:

Recon bikes, turrets, rocket soldiers.
I think light tanks are just bad. Honestly, even on a head on fight, I think the bikes are better. Especially considering their range is the same.

Thanks white thanks Ferret that's really useful information and good news I love bikes, haven't used them for ages properly!  Really appreciate your help!! 

28 minutes ago, cn2mc said:

The correct answer is: don't let them build up that much. Letting GDI reach a position where they can steamroll you unmolested is suicide. Also, look up 'defeat in detail'.

Haha thanks cn2mc! That's a very clear concept on how to play cnc1 well, during unit exchanges, so always try to outnumber whatever is attacking you, even if you have less overall units on the map, and I suppose if you are evenly matched with a GDI player for skill, you should really be outnumbering whatever they build tanks wise since nod stuff is so much cheaper , it is also smaller so you can get more firepower in a smaller space, cool. If you don't outnumber them then you have basically failed economically/production wise, and that's what needs to be fixed?

I thought it might be a case of nod needing to win in a "round about overall way" and early, rather than a head on direct way. Its so hard when your harassment (buggies n bikes) is totally shut down ,  by  troops meds and barriers (cliffs/buildings), but then I guess I need to use heli bikes APC and flamer's to harass instead of just relying on  buggies/bikes all the time!?

Thanks mate really appreciated!!

Edited by chem

Easiest thing to do in TD's limited map space is to keep your fast units not between your defences and the enemy army, but between the enemy army and his base. That way you threaten him too. If he attacks your base, you have two fronts on him. If he goes back to chase you, you slow him down, his formation gets screwed up and you can pick units off. If he tries to reinforce, you can intercept. Etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1