FPVOD - Ferret vs. Chem - 1v1, Blistering Sands 2

Ferret

xD gg bro!

Was a really enjoyable game felt like a proper battle! Cool music!

Would like some tips from anyone on where I need improvement the most!  

Cheers bros

Edited by chem
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

@chem

I honestly think you played it pretty spot on. Staying defensive behind your turrets was the right thing to do in the center tiberium field. The only portion I think where you could've improved was expanding your economy down in the bottom right. I think if you kept expanding, it would've been extremely even.

You had great positioning which I think deserved to be highlighted. You weren't overeager to attack, you were simply holding a position and essentially stating, "If you attack into me, you're going to lose."

In fact, I think this really highlights your defensive play-style. I've noticed you generally play like this in most of the games we've played. It's actually a very effective style, especially with Nod. Light Tanks are better defensively because they last longer in a fight, although the cost is something to think about.

I think the only portion where you can improve, at least in that game, would've been to expand bottom right. Also, incorporate Recon Bikes to attack expansions, while keeping the Light Tanks at home. Use the Recon Bike's speed to your advantage.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Even if it is just 6 recon bikes in a squad. You can keep someone alert and busy.
All you need to do is move around without getting hit with those bikes.

Also, scout more, and use some apache. 4 to 6 apache will certainly force someone to get anti air. Which would have been better spend on tanks.

The medium tank is the most powerful unit in the game. Its greatest weakness is that it is slow to be build in the beginning. And just a few wont do much damage. Keep it that way.

I love it when games get that close. It was certainly a GG on both of you.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ferret said:

@chem

I honestly think you played it pretty spot on. Staying defensive behind your turrets was the right thing to do in the center tiberium field. The only portion I think where you could've improved was expanding your economy down in the bottom right. I think if you kept expanding, it would've been extremely even.

You had great positioning which I think deserved to be highlighted. You weren't overeager to attack, you were simply holding a position and essentially stating, "If you attack into me, you're going to lose."

In fact, I think this really highlights your defensive play-style. I've noticed you generally play like this in most of the games we've played. It's actually a very effective style, especially with Nod. Light Tanks are better defensively because they last longer in a fight, although the cost is something to think about.

I think the only portion where you can improve, at least in that game, would've been to expand bottom right. Also, incorporate Recon Bikes to attack expansions, while keeping the Light Tanks at home. Use the Recon Bike's speed to your advantage.

Cheers.

Brilliant thanks bro,  that really helps!! Do you have that video "GDI cant win" still up?  I couldn't find it on your channel!

Edited by chem

3 hours ago, X3M said:

Even if it is just 6 recon bikes in a squad. You can keep someone alert and busy.
All you need to do is move around without getting hit with those bikes.

Also, scout more, and use some apache. 4 to 6 apache will certainly force someone to get anti air. Which would have been better spend on tanks.

The medium tank is the most powerful unit in the game. Its greatest weakness is that it is slow to be build in the beginning. And just a few wont do much damage. Keep it that way.

I love it when games get that close. It was certainly a GG on both of you.

Great pointers X3M, yes my scouting sucks ever since I went low res I have had poor scouting, yes im starting to see tactical opportunities for apache use ie not the all in cheese but more subtle uses, like at the very least forcing them into a harder style of play ie bazooka men are a pain in the butt to use.

Ah brilliant tip re meds thanks brother!!

Edited by chem

1 hour ago, chem said:

Brilliant thanks bro,  that really helps!! Do you have that video "GDI cant win" still up?  I couldn't find it on your channel!

I never had one on that topic, nor do I think I would ever. :P  I'm sure I was venting something of that regard at one point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1