Is high resolution really better than low res for effectivness?

chem

I play at 1000 x 700 odd, Ive noticed better micro, easier micro, better troop fighting ability,  more efficient fighting at a focussed point. 

Ive also noticed more skill required I have to use more hotkeys, I noticed I am caught out more easily by helicopters/bike packs etc because I cant see the whole screen all at once. I have worse scouting and generally play more defensively and turtle like because with less information all at once you feel less confident to spread out etc well I do

Overall Id say lower res is more effective because those points of combat you fight at really count and often determine who wins.  Not being suckie with troops also helps.

Ive been told 800 x 600 is the optimal resolution for effectiveness.

Ive also been told high resolutions where you can see the whole map at once is optimal for effectiveness.

Which is the truth?

Edited by chem
  • Confused 1

Open RA seems to have a zzzzzzzooooooommmmmmm function.

Why can't we have that too?

Simply let players select the 2 resolutions that they like and have it toggle with a hotkey.

I bet it is hard to program. Or that the software can't handle it at all.

1 hour ago, X3M said:

Open RA seems to have a zzzzzzzooooooommmmmmm function.

Why can't we have that too?

Simply let players select the 2 resolutions that they like and have it toggle with a hotkey.

I bet it is hard to program. Or that the software can't handle it at all.

OMG that open RA/CNC1 FEELS so wrong, if it had the same feeling it would be good but that feeling the way the units move etc is so important for ppl that have played the game all their life, the graphics r good enough, the features are good  but the feel is wrong and I bet the balance is different wrong

• Confused 1

I was only commenting on the zoom.

That it is open source is also interesting.

That it has anal references written all over it is also something that I noticed.

It was suggested to me on this forum though.