Cannot play the game, even though RA1 works fine

Hume

Hello,

I've been a Command and Conquer fan since 1998, starting with Red Alert. Since then I've played all the titles except for Renegade and Twilight. I decided maybe it's time to play the original campaign to see where it all started.

I downloaded cc95v106c_r3_u4_full, the patch, music and video files. Installed it, I'm able to get into the game having compatibility mode off. If I have it on I get an error. I'm on Windows 10. However, the only problem I'm having is my mouse cursor only shows up around the edges of my screen. When I try to go to the centre, where the menu is, it disappear "or jumps" to the other side of my screen. I'm pretty sure this is a resolution problem? Attached is my config for CnC. It's pretty much identical to RA1, which works fine. I'd really appreciate it if anyone have any advice? Just to note, I tried chancing ticks, and tried different resolutions. The game seems to want to work fine except for my mouse cursor problem.

cnc setup.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

The C&C95 installer wasn't updated for windows 10 yet, but you can update it manually by downloading the new C&C95 config from the link below:

https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/7782-new-cnc-ddraw-release-red-alert-1-cc95/

Thank you very much! I take it I just extract it to my main folder? But yes, these files seem to resemble RA1 config files, which mean it should then work fine.

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Hume said:

Thank you very much! I take it I just extract it to my main folder? But yes, these files seem to resemble RA1 config files, which mean it should then work fine.

Thanks!

Yes, just choose to override existing files when it asks you. And also make sure there is no compatibility mode enabled for C&C95.exe

On 5/25/2018 at 9:48 AM, FunkyFr3sh said:

Yes, just choose to override existing files when it asks you. And also make sure there is no compatibility mode enabled for C&C95.exe

Thanks, it worked! Must say, so far the campaign is quite difficult sometimes, much harder than RA1 (to compare it to the nearest game with the same game play "feel")

On 5/25/2018 at 5:54 PM, chem said:

Just wanted to say welcome to the community,  my name is Chem I am an honourable member of the community with a good reputation!

Thanks! Great to be here!

• Like 1