RA+ With no CD-ROM?

Kion

Hi.

I'm trying to intstall RA+ on my laptop, but I'm having some troubles.

First I downloaded, installed, and encountered the bug where you need to rename _RA95.LCF to RA95.LCF.

After that I encountered the bug with the blue error message witch supposedly asks for a CD, and this is where I'm stuck.. I have no CD rom on my laptop!

I have read some topics but have been unable to find anything on how to fix this withouth a CD tray.

If anyone know anything that may help me thanks in advance.

Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit.

Some sort of AMD CPU.

Updated all drivers and DirectX.

Ask if you need more details.

Do you mean that your laptop doesn't have any optical drive?

Nope. Its a rather small dell 13" with no optical drive.

He could just get a virtual drive and mount some dummy iso into it.

I will try this as soon as I have downloaded an iso file.

meh. not even needed; with the folder2iso tool you can make a blank iso to use for it :P

I'm not updated on the .iso front I'm afraid. I am a bit outdated on the whole computergame thing, very little time ATM. Would probably google it but I just downloaded RA, counterstrike and aftermath since i probably will need them to install it the hard way,

.. and i want the videos :P

On the other hand I was able to start up RA+ with the downloaded iso fille. Fucking A! The colours are bad ATM, but I will look into that problem later, spotted a thread regarding that issue around here somewhere.

But the game crashed after a couple of missions. Dont know why, and I didn't get an error message.

Maybe it is because I have renamed RA95.LCF or RA95.DAT? Any Inputs?

Well it's just that the nocd crack in ra+ is messed up, so while you no longer need the RA CDs, it still ckecks if there's a disk in the drive.

folder2iso is a simple tool to take the contents of a folder and make a CD image file from it, so if you use that to make an empty iso and mount that, the game will most probably see "a CD" and launch without any problems.

If you want the full game with all videos, you'd better just not use RA+ at all, and simply install it with my guide here, and mount all 4 RA isos in your virtual CDrom drives.

Well it's just that the nocd crack in ra+ is messed up, so while you no longer need the RA CDs, it still ckecks if there's a disk in the drive.

Yep, I remember using DOSBox made this peculiarity quite noticeable with some DOS games as well :) Unless you mount anything as a CD-ROM drive, those keep asking for a CD even with the no-CD crack applied.

Thanks Nyerguds for the guide to install RA 1 on a 64 bit system. Really appreciated :)

EDIT: FYI. it worked flawlessy. I must admit chills went down my spine when I saw the intro..

Again, you have my thanks!

umm what? The virtual drives still require that you put disks in them. That process is called "mounting".

btw, "drive" isn't the same as "driver".

if the game needs an OPTICAL DRIVE for run, then you only need to INSTALL a virtual drive, since the computer will display it as a OPTICAL DRIVE.

Thanks for this advice! one more word on my cerebral dictionary =D

... but I encountered another issue.

The game freezes every time i play. after 2-10 minutes ingame it freezes, the music continues for a while though.. then I have to kill the process to end the game.