Does the server think that i'm a bot? Can't login to server

Nikolai

Question

Hi there,

I'm aware that in the past few days, bots or some such have been attempting to flood the server by constantly posting in the chat window about some freenode blogs.

One of these blogs was by a bloke named Brian Ostergaard, apparently.

I can only assume that the server is automatically banning these bots, based on keywords which recur in their incessant posting of these links to blogs.

Me being me, I thought that i was being hilarious when i asked the server using the !seen command, !seen Brianostergaard.

It seems that i was either too amusing for the server to handle, or the server found my comment distasteful, since I was instantly cast out of the community and banished into a black hole of perpetual server disconnects and subsequently, haven't been able to log in since.

Am i going to be able to reconnect to server after a certain amount of time, or should i assume that presently, i am permanently banned until said ban is manually lifted?

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. In no way was i attempting to advocate the flooding of the server, i was simply being silly and probably part of me was not surprised at all to be banned, since these bots had started to recieve bans, which as i said, i can only assume were being banned based on keywords in their recurrent text links.

Thanks in advance for any help received. In future i will know better than to ask where Brian Ostergaard is. I do not care where he is, nor do i care about his blog on freenode and i have no desire to find out more about him, or any other freenode employee at present.

Thankyou,

Nikolai

3 answers to this question

Thanks for your response Funky,

It was probably about six hours ago and I was logged in as Nikolai. I said !seen Brianostergaard and instantly lost connection.

You're right, i was G-lined, it keeps popping up as i attempt to reconnect to all the servers one by one.

Guessing i will need to fill out the form on the gamesurge.net link you provided then to be able to reconnect then, or is it possible that the ban will be lifted if i wait long enough (say, 24 hours?).