Update: [4] Presidential Lake v1.1

v2elite

Do you Like this map?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like [4] Presidential Lake?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure (only for women)
    • No, there is much space for improvement!!! (Please comment what exactly should be improved.)

Hi all,

I updated [4] Presidential Lake to version 1.1. Hope you enjoy!

Description:

[4] Presidential Lake is a small 2vs2 map intended for TOP vs BOTTOM play but also great for 1vs1 matches if you are on the diagonal opposite site of each other. This map has no cheats or any intended advantages/disatvantages for any fractions or positions.

Tipps:

1. - Build to the gems in the middle
  2. - Build naval if you can afford
  3. - Don´t mess with the President

Changelog:

V1.0:

Inspired by the official [2] Little Big Lake map I created a similar map for 2vs2 and named it [4] Presidential Lake

New V1.1:

1. slightly updated map look and object positioning
  2. rebalanced ore/gems
  3. enabled AI
  4. added high-res preview
  5. gave more power to the President

klein.png.a962e72ce1e55e3de487a64664ab1427.png

[4] presidential lake v1.1.map

Edited by v2elite
  • Like 1

Thanks for your comments Ravage.

- i will think about the gems and paradrop but it will change the balancing, if i do it then it will be a similar but differently named map.

- I already played with some lightning but at the end decided to remove it, since the map is very small it just doesn´t look good. Do you know some method to see the actual map without to have to start a game? Maybe i will experiment around with ligntning a bit again.

Edited by v2elite

It's an interesting map. I agree with RaVaGe's comments here.

I think it would be more interesting for the gems to be closer to the cliff edge as he stated. It would indeed be a much more strategic point of contention that way. You don't need to move the much, just 'hugging' the cliff point there.

I also think having the 2 oils there is somewhat of an overkill. Players get early gems, early oil and then have middle gems. That's ALOT of big time money early on, yet there's no real ore for long games/longevity. Maybe I'd do away with the gems inside each person's base and make the ore much larger instead.

6 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Maybe I'd do away with the gems inside each person's base and make the ore much larger instead.

Indeed we need more maps without starting games!

8 hours ago, v2elite said:

- i will think about the gems and paradrop but it will change the balancing, if i do it then it will be a similar but differently named map.

Why? These kind of things are part of the map developing process.

8 hours ago, v2elite said:

- I already played with some lightning but at the end decided to remove it, since the map is very small it just doesn´t look good. Do you know some method to see the actual map without to have to start a game? Maybe i will experiment around with ligntning a bit again.

Use the map-renderer to get a quick idea of a map's lighting, though it's not as accurate as in game.

Try using these Scripts to make your life easier, one makes the light posts very subtle and smooth, the other you can edit with notepad to automate adding an author.  b

Both need to be copied to Final Alert 2's "scripts" folder in its installation directory.
You can tweak the light post values by opening the map file with notepad and searching the top section of the map file for the entries.

You can get similar results to these, note the glow on the ore and gems.

SCRN0004.jpg.1b7eca84ae5614889ae37ffc0f1414e1.jpg

Edited by RaVaGe

From first glance looks like TL is better than BR for two reasons 1) Can build straight to gems and looks like might be a bit crowded for br to build up(a close up view has me questioning this point, hard to say without playing) and 2) seems control of Left side cliff doesnt control gems as much as control of right side cliff(I.e. a tank on the left side will not be able to shoot as much gems as a tank on the right side hence top has better control). Maybe both top spots can build straight to mid gems and camp, not sure without playing.  Seems teams can come up with funny strats due to water but  first glance seems top is favorite here. I’d suggest moving the gems on right side just a couple tiles down and /or moving the building on the right side a bit up or out of the way. Seems pretty basic other than that. You could always add bridges to middle coming from one side, but that’s a conversation for changing the map dynamics. This is Just my two cents.

Edited by a1nthony