Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperTanker

My game is immediately exit a lan game while connecting

Question

Hi,

So me and my friend are trying to play a tiberian sun lan game together.
We have installed the cncnet patch instead of start setting an ipx and all that.
I'm using windows 7, and my friend is using windows 10.

When one of us is hosting a game and we trying to join it we see that i'm successfully joining the gane but my friend's game immediately exit and then i'm alone in the lan game and the game is over..
This is happening to us even when my friend is hosting a lan game ON HIS OWN COMPUTER !

So far, in order to troubleshoot this on our own, we did the next steps:
1. Completely turn off the windows firewall
2. Completely turn off the AV (avast)

I don't know why this is happening and I will be glad to get your help with that. We REALLY want to play this game and we hope you all can help us to figuring out how to solve this issue.

Thank you very much.

3 answers to this question

Are you trying to play LAN via cncnet or via the Play Offline button using the old in game LAN?

You can also try the online mode and see if that works

UPDATE: Well, the problem was a compatibility issue :D
All we had to do was set the compatibility mode of the file "ts-spawn.exe" to "Windows XP (Servie Pack 2)", and then it works like a charm !

EDIT: Now the game crashes every time we start a game, no matter which sides, maps or sde-clors we choose.. any idea about that?

Edited by SuperTanker

compatibility modes are actually supposed to be disabled, they're known to cause crashes.

So, without the compat modes his game is starting, he can see the map and his MCV and then it's just closing without an error message?

Disable the compat modes again and try to play around with the renderer setting (there are only a few, you can through all quickly).

Does skirmish actually work for him or does he have the same problem there too?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By amokk
      Hello,

Would you consider adding a link to Mole40k's Tiberian Sun Guide to the tips shown in each game room??
      When new players start, it would be really helpful to them.   >>  Lots of information vs. one tip.
      Mole40k getting me the link...
      Thank you!
    • By cpinter10
      Hello,
      I'd like to report a bug that maybe others know about.
      Me and several others are noticing an issues where: after setting up two opposing Teams (e.g., A vs B) in the game setup screen, as soon as the game begins, some subset of players will instantly hear "alliance formed" and discover that they can see opponents map discovery, as though they are on a team. (When working properly, we will not hear "alliance formed", and the Teams will work as expected.)
      We then cannot declare war on the player. We must abort the game and try again.

What I've found so far:
      Inconsistent. Sometimes this will happen, other times we will not.
      The problem doesn't consistently happen to any player. Sometimes just me, other times just my friend, other times both, and other times neither.
      After experiencing the issue, having a different person setup the exact same game may avoid the issue.
      We don't know if this happens when battling other human players (we only play against AI).
      It may be that it only occurs on [Val.Bal.2.49] maps, but not always, and we are not certain of this.

If anyone knows how to avoid this issue, I'd be grateful to hear of a solution.
      Thanks,
    • By dengus
      Does anyone have any tips on how to get Tiberian Sun to scroll smoothly when setting scroll to keyboard keys? I set scroll to wasd and the arrow keys and both times it will only scroll the screen a small amount and then stop.
    • By Denzel
      Hi All,
      I recently purchases CC Tiberian Sun on disk having played it as a kid some 15 years ago (ehhh). I Have tried the disk on 2 laptops. On my mums older laptop the game downloads but just doesnt work when I load it up. It asks for me to update however nothing happens.
      When i try on my newer laptop i get a OLEAUT32.DLL error which after a quick google i download an updated .d.ll  however this hasnt helped. Does anyone know how to get round the error? Do i need to configure anything on my laptop?
      I have downloaded the game from this website however it only partially fills the screen i would prefer to play through the disk.
      Thanks

• By YEETMAN
      tiberuim nothing spicy blue version.mpr So i created this map with finalsun i think it was. i just have trouble starting or letting the game pick it up for me to play it. Is there something im missing? is there something else i also need to do in order for it work?