new game mode ideas

Korc

1. Losing one unit or building results in immediate loss.

Would make dog scouting risky, would put massive emphasis on micro, would make infantry unappealing. I wonder what the ideal tactic would be under such rules.

2. Losing one tank, boat, aircraft, or building results in a loss.

Would put emphasis on defense, and people would think twice before making tanks. Again, would put more emphasise on micro.

3. At the start of the game each player would start with one technician along with his/her mcv. And the death of this technician results in an immediate loss.

I think this would create some interesting tactics, and a new dimension to the game. Predicted strategies include hiding the technician inside of troop transports, ifv's, bio reactors etc. Or playing the 3 cup sea sea shell game with flack tracks.

4. Losing a miner results in a instant loss.

This would make a game with emphasis on defending ore fields. And might result in game play similar to dune, where harvesting is of utmost importance.

These are ideas that I think would be cool to implement on a final alert 2 map or new game mode. If anyone would know how to put these rules into effect on a final alert 2 map. I would care to know. Criticism and discussion are welcome.?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Pretty interesting ideas. I'm not a fan of #1 simply because then the game just becomes building buildings or instant death in the first 45 seconds of the game. 

#2 is more interesting, but I still feel could get really old really fast.

I love the idea of #3, it's the best one IMO as it makes the game more like chess in a way. There's always that technician for the come-from-behind victories. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Probably hours of random.

E.g. Everyday, every map is set to allowed and everyone is set to random with no map or start preview. That way everyone ends up potentially playing every team including Germany on any map. Some will get lucky advantages some will not. It could be called ‘Russian Roulette time’, ‘Run the gauntlet’, etc

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

how about a game mode where its only a naval battle? You could force it with the map editor alone....just

tanks and troops only no air  naval or super weps

both tech start

capture the flag

destroy mobile hq

troop mode only

low tech

no base speed increse ie only 1conyard speed and mcv available only after tech centre  

special units import super units rom ra1

u can add so much variety with modes but only some will be awesome  some wont, so its good to find out which , before u make them popular/get skilled at them

Edited by chem

3 hours ago, chem said:

how about a game mode where its only a naval battle? You could force it with the map editor alone....just

tanks and troops only no air  naval or super weps

both tech start

capture the flag

destroy mobile hq

troop mode only

low tech

no base speed increse ie only 1conyard speed and mcv available only after tech centre  

special units import super units rom ra1

u can add so much variety with modes but only some will be awesome  some wont, so its good to find out which , before u make them popular/get skilled at them

Regarding "low tech": you can achieve this by playing the 'meat grinder' setting.

Regarding naval battle you can achieve this by playing the naval mode setting.

Regarding tanks and troops only, you can achieve this by playing meat grinder mode, but I guess you don't get the teched units then.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Regarding "low tech": you can achieve this by playing the 'meat grinder' setting.

Regarding naval battle you can achieve this by playing the naval mode setting.

Regarding tanks and troops only, you can achieve this by playing meat grinder mode, but I guess you don't get the teched units then.

oh damn sorry thought he was talking red alert 1and I was using ra2 modes as ideas, thanks

another mode could be troop bias mode, you could half the price of troops and increase the damage  done by rocket troops, faster special forces, more range on others  etc to encourage their use more and to change the dynamic/style of play

Edited by chem
  • Like 1