Tiberian Dawn- Skirmish mode

tasss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...what the hell? The date stamps on the missions in that download pack say 2002, and yet it's using all the tricks on C17 reinforcements (including using them as money-giving triggers) Lin Kue Ominae only discovered in 2009 :|

(his triggers probably don't work right though, since he seriously exceeds the 4-char limit)

... his triggers probably don't work right though, since he seriously exceeds the 4-char limit ...

Whenever I find this situation in any pack, can I change it?

Does it work only for triggers or does it affect teamtypes naming too?

I was waiting to change this because I was always confused.

Now, it's an opportunity to clear this out...

I've explained the internal limitations of Triggers and Teamtypes here.

From what I've seen, triggers can be up to 4 chars, and teamtypes up to 12 chars. Since anything beyond them is cut off, triggers like "prod1"/"prod2"/"prod3" (or something like that) won't work correctly since it treats them all as one trigger called "prod". I'm not sure exactly what the effect of the error is though. Either only the first one is read, or all 3 of them are read but all stored as "prod", meaning that all requests for one of the triggers will match the first one, or none of them are read since it tries to find an ini key called "prod" when reading them.

So yes, please, do fix them. Maximum 4 characters for triggers, maximum 12 characters for teamtypes.