Map Concept, Good idea or bad?

XXxPrePxX

I'm going to throw this idea out there:

A map that is 8 players. This map is to be played as Free for all, or perhaps 4on4:

It's where the map sets up 4 seperate one on ones, perhaps shielded by barriers that only go down once one of the persons die. 

So, you start out against one person (4 seperate one on ones on the map). As soon as you kill that person, your first barrier opens up and you can venture into the next persons one on one, perhaps these guys are still fighting you can choose to join in or wait it out and then fight. Etc.

Or maybe you don't even need the barriers, just set it up such that it promotes fighting between the 4 seperate one on ones. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

I'm going to throw this idea out there:

A map that is 8 players. This map is to be played as Free for all, or perhaps 4on4:

It's where the map sets up 4 seperate one on ones, perhaps shielded by barriers that only go down once one of the persons die. 

So, you start out against one person (4 seperate one on ones on the map). As soon as you kill that person, your first barrier opens up and you can venture into the next persons one on one, perhaps these guys are still fighting you can choose to join in or wait it out and then fight. Etc.

Or maybe you don't even need the barriers, just set it up such that it promotes fighting between the 4 seperate one on ones. 

I really didn't understand the idea xP But you reminded me of some map called Builders and Fighters from warcraft 3. I'll try to make that ^^

If you don't know what Builders and Fighters is. Its a map where 4vs4 teams must make units for 20 minutes, and when the timer ends all their units gets teleported in the middle of the map to fight and who ever wins.. wins.

Can you explain your idea more?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Roooo/nunName said:

I really didn't understand the idea xP But you reminded me of some map called Builders and Fighters from warcraft 3. I'll try to make that ^^

If you don't know what Builders and Fighters is. Its a map where 4vs4 teams must make units for 20 minutes, and when the timer ends all their units gets teleported in the middle of the map to fight and who ever wins.. wins.

Can you explain your idea more?

It would be an 8 player map.

4 seperate 1on1's start the game off. 

As soon as one person wins his/her match up, he can then enter the next match up or patiently waits until they are done and then he goes on to 'fight the winner' so to speak.

This process continues until we have 1 champion out of the 8.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

It would be an 8 player map.

4 seperate 1on1's start the game off. 

As soon as one person wins his/her match up, he can then enter the next match up or patiently waits until they are done and then he goes on to 'fight the winner' so to speak.

This process continues until we have 1 champion out of the 8.

What i understand is that 1v1 , 1v1 , 1v1 and 1v1. we have 4 winners then ---> 1v1 and 1v1 ---> Now we have 2 winners ---> and last is 1v1 , 1 winner?

If so how is the set-up will be? timer? when to attack? how to attack or how to fight?

what u think map design? normal map? custom arenas?

• Upvote 1

I like the idea, but there has to be something more to it.

Maybe like extra small - everyone starts in the same center and there are 4 "areas" right next to it, so when you see 3 ppl are drivin in the same direction you choose the other etc. Then you can think about expanding the map with a timer or sth like this.

Because if you do it like you said the one with the noob at start has a huge advantage and this could be fun killing. You could also think about some "neutral" units between both, so this will delay a too simple and early rush a bit (and help noobs a little).

To me FFA is always about the interplay with everyone, so it's a bit like a diplomacy game. You have to worry about pulling aggro and stuff. Because of that I like to keep the terrain always open to everyone.

Or at a certain point the barriers to all others are opened ( like 8 ppl on the corners in 4 seperated areas with very low ressources and after a certain time the central area gets accessible with gems and stuff).

Just thinking loud ?

Edited by cypher
  • Like 2