Question about exploits?

Akiller7k

One of the reasons I quit TS originally was due to different games ( mainly starcraft), but also the release of red alert 2. But, the main reason was all the exploits and constant cheating that went on.

Cheats/exploits I remember seeing daily:

- Using a trainer to cause a reconnection error for a losing match

- Instant radar using a trainer

- Dogs 

- Build anywhere glitch by mapping arrow keys and dragging stuff across the map.

- No temple of NOD cyborg commando

- Clicking where carryalls were landing to making them move

- Sending fast air units to distract all AA therefore making it useless

- Random campaign units being spawned in multiplayer

I'm assuming some of these things haven't been fixed, but are they all still a problem? I know the average player is so much better now than we were probably back then, but are cheats still a thing?

EDIT: On another note, I found a website I built back in 2000 and apparently it is still up. Has pictures of some of the cheaters I caught back then. Good nostalgia fix.

http://www.angelfire.com/home/Akiller7k/cheaters.html

Edited by Akiller7k

Omg all those screenshots and names bring back memories. Lol @ the ss with Ray and pigs. 

Third party programs are unable to be used on this server, aka mappers, minimappers, tech cheats, etc. And reconning isn't able to be done intentionally anymore as well, you may just encounter people disconnecting.

There are a lot of new features added to cncnet as well that WOL/XWIS didn't have, aside from clans (which I've asked for any sort of estimate on a possible cost to get this to be a feature, but I've been dodged at least 3 times by the admins in regards to answering that question.)

Sidenote: How the hell was Acyz in sharks..... that guy had a big mouth and was awful.

Edited by c0rpsmakr

2 hours ago, c0rpsmakr said:

Sidenote: How the hell was Acyz in sharks..... that guy had a big mouth and was awful.

They were all awful. I remember doing one of sharks strategies a few months ago. 1 ref straight to war factory building a few titans and walking them across map at the start and sending a disruptor so that they all reach enemy base at same time. it got owned. i also remember a few other strats i remember them showing me that were dog shiat. rose colored glasses lol.

14 hours ago, c0rpsmakr said:

Omg all those screenshots and names bring back memories. Lol @ the ss with Ray and pigs. 

Third party programs are unable to be used on this server, aka mappers, minimappers, tech cheats, etc. And reconning isn't able to be done intentionally anymore as well, you may just encounter people disconnecting.

There are a lot of new features added to cncnet as well that WOL/XWIS didn't have, aside from clans (which I've asked for any sort of estimate on a possible cost to get this to be a feature, but I've been dodged at least 3 times by the admins in regards to answering that question.)

Here's another one. Less screen shots, but still old pics.

http://www.angelfire.com/home/Akiller7k/cool_pics.html

On 4/24/2019 at 5:50 PM, Akiller7k said:

- Build anywhere glitch by mapping arrow keys and dragging stuff across the map.

- Clicking where carryalls were landing to making them move

- Sending fast air units to distract all AA therefore making it useless

1. didnt test but should be fixed.

2. kind of fixed, in most cases at least.

3. "aimable sams" in game options, people usually have it on. gotta control them then :)

2 hours ago, Akiller7k said:

Are you asking me or someone else?

I was asking the 9lives person.

I was playing mods or just starting official maps during the time you were playing, but thanks for all these screenshots. I miss that lobby and the player numbers back then :/.

1 hour ago, c0rpsmakr said:

I was asking the 9lives person.

I was playing mods or just starting official maps during the time you were playing, but thanks for all these screenshots. I miss that lobby and the player numbers back then :/.

I have a bunch of mod map files still from back then funny enough.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:54 AM, 9LivesCatFood said:

They were all awful. I remember doing one of sharks strategies a few months ago. 1 ref straight to war factory building a few titans and walking them across map at the start and sending a disruptor so that they all reach enemy base at same time. it got owned. i also remember a few other strats i remember them showing me that were dog shiat. rose colored glasses lol.

sharks had some very elite players in it... builds change based on the player-base and are adjusted accordingly.  just because a build someone was using back in the day worked then and not now (for the way you executed it) doesn't mean it wasn't effective back in the day.  honestly, for you to so 'they were all awful' permanently discredits you in the eyes of anyone with half a clue.

maybe if you could of built an ion attachment on your radar you would of been able to pull off the BO more effectively.

Edited by Humble