Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hungry Mike

MOGA - MAKE OBELISKS GREAT AGAIN

Recommended Posts

Thx for the map!
Giants is very fun and hard tho; you should practice it more, Holland (;P)

To your mod map:

1) Make Obelisks repairable

2) Nice that you can fly them.

3) Make it possible on, lets say, GSO or Terr. You choose Giants to troll me, because of the building past middle rule ;).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might as well make a superweapon that drops off 20 deployable oblisks in enemy base.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Holland said:

Might as well make a superweapon that drops off 20 deployable oblisks in enemy base.

Bro, if you are not willing to do anything substantial, just dont claim to do it. Making it possible on giants is a joke, due to the no-building-past-middle-rule (and the map setting). Instead, you even made them unrepairable. I thought i can rely on you, but thats not the case ;).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just making fun. But also it be really funny to have a superweapon like that, i was honestly gonna make it for fun lol.

I'll do it don't worry, they just can't be repairable. Re-deploy Mcv has to be enabled if you want it to work, if unabled it would just disappear after redeploying so can't have that, the ticktank=yes code makes it unrepairable and makes it not disappear so it is how it is :(

i made some tutorials on how to mod, the code for the oblisk i left at this topic 

 

 

Put gso and terrace lol ok ill do it for you cuz u asked so nicely

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha thx Holland ;). You trolled me well :P. Grrrr :D. Will be fun for GSO :D. This unrepairable thing is annoying tho. But i have to live with it :).

The Superweapon thing sounds perfect! When the 10 plagues fall from the heaven... xD.

 

Edited by OnePostPony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Obelisk is one of the most disproportionate cost-benefit structures. It must cost 1,000 max.

If some1 remember TS vanila, ob didnt have a one-second lag time until the shot. They add it later. 

Evidence of that, I can hardly see people building obelisk in their game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zoom3000 said:

I think Obelisk is one of the most disproportionate cost-benefit structures. It must cost 1,000 max.

If some1 remember TS vanila, ob didnt have a one-second lag time until the shot. They add it later. 

Evidence of that, I can hardly see people building obelisk in their game.

I do :). Obelisks are good! I disagree that 1.500 $ is too expensive. They are strong and good for diss, tit, ghost, devil and cc defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OnePostPony said:

I do :). Obelisks are good! I disagree that 1.500 $ is too expensive. They are strong and good for diss, tit, ghost, devil and cc defense.

I disagree. again, look at the cb-analysis: $1500, 1:40 build time (whilst cy occupied!); meanwhile, two tits are $1600 and are about ~20s each to build. So whilst you're churning out a single ob, I'll have six titans? and other buildings?

 

obelisks are useful, but they are definitively niche imho

  • Check 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tsdotca said:

I disagree. again, look at the cb-analysis: $1500, 1:40 build time (whilst cy occupied!); meanwhile, two tits are $1600 and are about ~20s each to build. So whilst you're churning out a single ob, I'll have six titans? and other buildings?

 

obelisks are useful, but they are definitively niche imho

One Obelisk can kill 3 tits without getting killed (and easily repaired) = 1500 $ against 2400 $. With 4 tits, he gets killed, but 2-3 tits as well. If you factor in some roket soldiers, tanks, lasers or art, you can easily kill dozens of tits. If you have an engineer, you can duplicate the effect of the obelisk with good micro as well.

Their real weaknesses can be:

a) Bombers (although good anti aircraft and engineers solve this problem)

b) Mass infantery (Infantery, Artillery and Arnolds can solve this problem)

c) ENERGY (In WW map big problem)

It depends on situation, player(style) and map, how good they are. Sources say, Mike Pence uses them almost every Giants game, and he has a very high win ratio (:P).

And while you get "other buildings" i get a Sub with an Arnold Priest (CC) to eat your harvs up :D

So:
Dont underestimate the power of the Dark Side!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Holland said:

Oblisks always mess up my early tit-carryall rush.

Basterds

Mike Pence approves this message :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...