[TS] Your ideas for a cool map

Holland

So to kinda get the idea of whats possible, check out my maps, skylegend and ptapiok's maps.

Oil derricks are also possible, other ways to get money is by amount of kills and or buildings, or a 'by map spawned vehicle' that keeps to a script (like the boat in map Harbor wars)

Boats are available

You can start with any unit

Basically anything in rules.ini is editable too, so also take a look in there.

Unfortunately we can't create anything on 'when a player dies' (has to be implemented)

Just know that there is a lot possible, please just post any idea, let your imagination go wild and I'll let you know of its possible

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 5:26 PM, Holland said:

let your imagination go wild

What about the map, with HUUGE lake taking most of its space and only accessible parts are edges, corners and Tiberium Island in the middle of the lake. Skirmish map like this would be very interesting... :P

Edited by LucasSK

I have created a mod map called 'Protect your People'. Essentially you each start with 5 civs and if they die you lose. I have issues with it though which cause one player to have to be Nod and one player has to be GDI and they have to be in proper spots on the map in order for the civs to be on the right teams. I believe its because i dont properly understand "houses" or some such.

I also had another idea for a mod (haven't started working on yet or anything) in which one player starts in a city which they must protect (with limited resources which are given at certain intervals) for a certain amount of time against an opponent who recieves reinforcements of some kind at regular intervals... if so many buildings are destroyed player 2 wins...something like that..

4 hours ago, NOOB2 said:

I have created a mod map called 'Protect your People'. Essentially you each start with 5 civs and if they die you lose. I have issues with it though which cause one player to have to be Nod and one player has to be GDI and they have to be in proper spots on the map in order for the civs to be on the right teams. I believe its because i dont properly understand "houses" or some such.

I also had another idea for a mod (haven't started working on yet or anything) in which one player starts in a city which they must protect (with limited resources which are given at certain intervals) for a certain amount of time against an opponent who recieves reinforcements of some kind at regular intervals... if so many buildings are destroyed player 2 wins...something like that..

Yeah u gotta add Spawn houses. it is a little confusing indeed but if u have the patience to learn you can make anything you like, what u do is u add

[Houses]
0=GDI
1=Nod
2=Neutral
3=Special
50=Spawn1
51=Spawn2
52=Spawn3
53=Spawn4
54=Spawn5
55=Spawn6
56=Spawn7
57=Spawn8

in your map. U don't have to do this anymore if u use the updated final sun 

But since you already started the map without the final sun update, you gotta open your map file and copy paste this somewhere in there.

Then after u save it and open it again with final sun, you can simply pick Change Owner, and change the owner to the spawn location,  (waypoint 0 is spawn1, etc) But then you need to make sure all players are there ( or at least add AI's to make sure the spawns are there). If you want it for any amount of players, you have to use a taskforce,team and trigger 80 :reinforcments, there are a lot tutorials on how to do that if you don't know how, its worth learning it if you enjoy map making.

________

Your map idea, that does sounds cool. that is also very possible. There is a trigger with event "15 Destroyed, Buildings, #..."

it triggers when the number of buildings, owned by the trigger's specified house, have been destroyed.

That is a pretty cool idea and i was just thinking to make a city faction where u are a city-building like faction lol. also known as "The forgotten"

7 hours ago, LucasSK said:

What about the map, with HUUGE lake taking most of its space and only accessible parts are edges, corners and Tiberium Island in the middle of the lake. Skirmish map like this would be very interesting... :P

That just sounds like anyone could make with final sun :P 

there are 3 maps i made/edited that kinda look like that, and they have buildable boats and harbor

I actually started working on a "civilian" faction of my own for use in a mod of some kind. Since you are knowledgeable Holland i would also like to ask this:

I can make any building buildable. However if a building doesn't have an inherent sell animation, it doesnt seem like it can be sold. For example if you use civilian armory it can be sold.(i think thats the one that worked,im on mobile now). But if you use those little power pole looking things as power plants, cant be sold. Any workaround?

EDIT: Also as far as the city defense goes, since the trigger bases it on # of buildings destroyed by whatever spawn, would it be in my best interest to make a dummy ai have control over the city buildings, that way the defense player wouldnt get penalized for losing BASE buildings (those arent suppose to count)

Edited by NOOB2

If its your own mod you can add a buildup animation in art.ini, i usually give it a little quick flashy-random animation lol. 

I recommend downloading that mod mix and rip some of those civilian buildings, for those mods do have buildup aninations and cameos and such for alot of city buildings.

Yeah you can do that or give the inportant buildings 'when destroyed', set local. Make a bunch of locals and give each building a trigger with a local and make an end trigger that fire when all locals are set

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give me his idea for a map with infantry only. Ima make it with 2 or 3 barracks for each faction, and perhaps a warfactory just for special APC's only. I have infantry mods like throwing fire, railguns, fast stabbers, visc makers (from inf deaths), flying cyborgs all kinds of stuff.. and so just defense towers like big vulcans, lasers, and flamethrowers, tesla zappers etc loooll

Fast speed build, so there gonna be hunderds of infantry dying and attacking. Freakin mass blood bath war map.

Any ideas to add?

15 hours ago, Holland said:

Can anyone give me his idea for a map with infantry only

Try to make smaller map (like 70x70).

Make some areas harder to access (less pathways, perhaps maze, etc.).

Add visceroids, mutants and other enemy creatures.

Place some capturable objects that may give an advantage to player (radar, silo, etc.).

Add some "triggers" (trains, that can kill your units if not careful, traps, etc.).

Create forests, so player has to shoot through to get somewhere.

15 hours ago, Holland said:

Any ideas to add?

Try to somehow "ban" MCV, so player will have only building and units you want him to have...

Hope it helped

Cheers :P

• Like 1