Einstien's Daydream (a survival map)

McPwny

ive made a new map over the course of college break, and its a bit over the top.
posted image

its a three player map, two players find themself with a soviet base and one player finds themself with only einstiens lab, a radar, and a whole bunch of sweet technology. the map progresses in difficulty at a steady pace and gets pretty crazy near the end. if you make it to the end, there is a part two to the map which i will just leave a surprise.

the map is about micro managing your units quickly, being smart about how you deal with each wave, and team coordination. 
heres a sample of some gameplay from an early beta test. 
posted image

Einstiens Daydream.map

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey,  I actually made an account to say that's an amazing map you made,  especially how well the coding is though many times I played it game would crash or IE but still much better than e.g. "MISSING" maps which crash a lot). Thanks!

i would like to know if you find any crashes you can identify or replicate; ive played it many times and the only crash i know of is the one caused by not assigning all of the slots. you can leave any of them empty.

anyways, thank you. i didnt really think anyone plays my maps

It's a lot of work for a little played map. Crashes generally happened when a lot was happening on screen. I think I saved the log files but have no idea what the error codes mean.

As you seem really familiar with particle systems,  maybe I could ask you a question... 

I want to make a mummy spawning weapon but am having trouble converting ownership of spawns in one weapon. Currently I use..

Secondary=(WH with AnimList=GENDEATH) ;to create a CIVILIAN Brute from nothing. 

DeathWeapon=(WH with InfDeath=9) ;to kill the CIVILIAN Brute so it respawns as a PLAYER Brute).

This works fine, but I was thinking maybe to use a Gas particle system (gas particles can do damage and have their own WH). I got it going but can't figure out how to delay the damage from the gas. When an infantry fires the weapon,  the weapon WH creates a Brute and launches the gas system, this spawns a gas particle which does damage but for whatever reason it won't work as I think the GENDEATH animation from the weapon WH has not finished yet. 

I'm not sure how to post code here (will try later once on PC) , but basically I'd like to know how to make one weapon with 2 stages of damage. Using an airburst weapon didn't work either (and it also creates 9 clusters as a default).

Do you know any tutorials of how to setup particle systems? This post is roughly what I am doing (ignore art.ini stuff, the core concept works for RA2YR mod maps too). Thanks. 

https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=30695&highlight=random+damage+spawn

i guess i am a little confused about what you are trying to do; infdeath 9 does nothing more than play an animation, in artmd.ini this animation has a tag that spawns the(first and only) infantrytype listed under "AnimToInfantry=". you cant really separate the animation from the effect without changing art.ini. (this is also how virusdeath works but it spawns a particlesystem instead of an infantrytype). 

it also means that you can just straight up attach infdeath=9 to any weapon fired by a unit owned by a house and it should play the anim that spawns the unit. the unit will take the house of the firer, so i dont really understand what the workaround is for. 

but to answer your question about the particle system (which will almost definitely not transfer the players house), assuming that the gas particle system is set up right, a reason that the warhead might not be firing could be that the warhead isnt listed. make sure that the warhead is listed under the [Warheads] list in your mapside .ini file.

Spoiler

heres a working gas particle system from one of my maps in case you want to work off of it. just remember that the way particlesystems work depends on the frames of the animations in the particle of the particlesys; 

[Warheads]
106=NewFire

[ParticleSystems]
14=FireParticleSys

[Particles]
23=FireParticle1
24=FireParticle2

[NewFire]
Spread=512
Verses=100%,100%,100%,65%,65%,60%,30%,25%,25%,100%,100%
InfDeath=4
Particle=FireParticleSys
ProneDamage=150%

[FireParticleSys]
HoldsWhat=FireParticle1
BehavesLike=Gas

[FireParticle1]
Image=FIRE02
MaxDC=30
MaxEC=30
Damage=40
Warhead=NewFire
StartFrame=0
EndStateAI=30
Translucency=50
WindEffect=0
BehavesLike=Gas
StateAIAdvance=4
NextParticle=FireParticle2

[FireParticle2]
Image=FIRE01
MaxDC=30
MaxEC=64
Damage=40
Warhead=NewFire
StartFrame=0
EndStateAI=64
Translucency=50
WindEffect=0
BehavesLike=Gas
StateAIAdvance=4
DeleteOnStateLimit=yes

EDIT: the EXCEPT_CNCNET file is the file i need to debug crashes

Edited by McPwny

It's okay, I figured it out. I made a particle system that will spawn a mummy (civilian house) and convert it (to be player house) in one weapon. I'll post the full code later.

In summary it uses GENDEATH to create an infantry, and infDeath=9 to convert it.

It basically allows people to make weapons that can spawn mummy units (which can convert enemy into mummy too). Great for zombie maps.

Not sure how to make animated gifs, but will post up the code later. Thanks.