Some TD pre-release shots from a gaming mag

MrFlibble

Got into retro gaming mags recently, here's an article from a French magazine called Génération 4:

http://download.abandonware.org/magazines/Generation%204/generation4_numero079/Generation%204%20-%20079%20-%20Page%20046.jpg

http://download.abandonware.org/magazines/Generation%204/generation4_numero079/Generation%204%20-%20079%20-%20Page%20047.jpg

Not sure if all of those screenies are already documented somewhere, I think I haven't seen the one with a Mammoth attacking the Nod ConYard with the Nod logo on it before.

Is it me or is the Hand of Nod's arm/hand was taller in the beta?

I requested a fully remapped Guard Tower from Nyerguds long time ago because I thought it looked cool but maybe soon. Not sure how the Barracks looked fully remapped as the screen quality is not that good.

I'm curious, how do you know CONC is build-able? is it the blank building sidebar icon? Slightly related if you look the bib, as well as being simple two parallel lines of dirt, stays after the building is destroyed.

Also, just a thought, but could it be possible that the GDI and Nod logos on the construction yards are drawn on top of the sprite rather than on the actual sprite if you get what i am meaning. I realize however this is unlikely and problematic when it comes to the construction animation but would get around the current problems linked to the whole one MCV, one construction yard game codding.

Also, just a thought, but could it be possible that the GDI and Nod logos on the construction yards are drawn on top of the sprite rather than on the actual sprite if you get what i am meaning. I realize however this is unlikely and problematic when it comes to the construction animation but would get around the current problems linked to the whole one MCV, one construction yard game codding.

A truncated version of the MCV transformation animation with what appears to be GDI logo is still in the game data. Even more interesting, the number and sequence of frames in this version is not identical to the final version of the animation.

• 3 months later...

Is it me or is the Hand of Nod's arm/hand was taller in the beta?

Hmm, could be. It's definitely not the final version, since that has the ball dropped onto the exit in the damaged state.

Hard to compare graphics like that though, with them being printed.

Here's an article from a Slovakian gaming magazine about the back then upcoming C&C95, with screenshots that show 64x48 versions of the DOS icons:

http://www.oldgames.sk/en/mag/riki-27/page/24/

Woah. I think there are different ones than that Russian site had. Pity it's so small.

I can see that you can build CONC in that version.

You can put CONC in a map by adding it at overlay in the .ini

That's not CONC. That's a map tile. You see how it cuts into other terrain. I've seen the tile in the theater mixfiles; its name has never been identified. The system of modifying terrain as concrete slab is probably a leftover from Dune II, where all building cells were in fact map tiles.