July Ladder Change

dkeeton

What to do about the July ladder?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with the map pool?

• Keep the vet maps and update them to latest version if needed.
    • Switch to Firstorm.
    • Switch to only vanilla Tiberian Sun maps.
    • Some other idea

The poll is clear: 6 said let it be as it is. I voted for Firestorm as a additional change, but other than that, i am clearly on their side. So 7 for them. 4 said change it to Vanila. I consider Amokk to be on their side, so its 5 for them. 1 is neutral. So the decision is AGAIN clear; after x-times of polling, the Vet Patch still prevails. 

15 hours ago, Hungry Mike said:

The poll is clear: 6 said let it be as it is. I voted for Firestorm as a additional change, but other than that, i am clearly on their side. So 7 for them. 4 said change it to Vanila. I consider Amokk to be on their side, so its 5 for them. 1 is neutral. So the decision is AGAIN clear; after x-times of polling, the Vet Patch still prevails. 

Admins - The poll's results right here prove the players are divided. If your are really serious about bringing ladder activity up. Please allow all maps to be enjoyed so all players can play the map agreed upon.

• Thanks 1
  • Check 1

On 7/5/2020 at 2:22 AM, Hungry Mike said:

Vanila Pharisees would making it an unfair competition to guys Vanilla, thus making it an unfair competition to guys like Mola, who play the fair Anti-Bug Vet maps

and only playing the Vet mods make it an unfair competition to '95% of the player base' who play vanilla.  see the other side of it yet?

Edited by amokk

4 hours ago, 1337 said:

Admins - The poll's results right here prove the players are divided. If your are really serious about bringing ladder activity up. Please allow all maps to be enjoyed so all players can play the map agreed upon.

Hahaha, nice try ;). But in democracy, the majority is all you need; although i am not big fan of democracy, either... (wahahaha, see the dark Side of the force).

And we have the majority! But as i said earlier: Both ways are ok: Either no vanila maps at all or vet and vanilla maps. If they would allow it, it depends on you Vanila people to act fair. If you all use it just to destroy the competition by going Vanila only, then they will have no choice than to go back and ban these maps from the ladder. So: The poll clearly states: VET WON (MAJORITY) :D  

Edited by Hungry Mike
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hungry Mike said:

vet and vanilla maps. If they would allow it

that would be reasonable.  no one is advocating for vanilla only. that would be inappropriate.

in fact, playing the standard, vet, and common mods that are suitable would both challenge both sets of players,

and show who is the best at TS, no matter what map.

and it just might draw some more players to the ladder.

It makes no difference for ww players if you have rubish maps like giants on ladder, The people who play them,  will still be at bottom and still be rubish players. But they can only reject so many maps and will be forced to play ww maps anyway.

It won’t make a difference to the ladder due to the fact they can’t only play one map and therefore most likely won’t play it since they are forced to play maps which requires skills......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1