What are the values used to calcualte final score on TS. ??

Ender_TS

At the end of the game you have a summary of players and number of deaths, kills and economy.  Next to these values we have a final scoure.   

Does anyone know the values used to calculate this final score!? 

Any details about the value of each unit kill would be nice and also if anyone knows what bonus are possible for example finishing opponents or killing specific buildings five more points than others etc.. 

Thanks ! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Holland said:

No idea really how these scores are calculated, but its definitly something fun to figure out. 

In rules.ini, there is a 'points=xx' value under each unit/building entry.

Here's  rules.ini https://github.com/LipkeGu/TSIniFiles/blob/master/rules.ini

u can use find (ctrl+f) to find whichever unit, u'll find the points there

Very cool.  We will look into this.  

• 2 weeks later...

I checked it out but it seems there are a lot of unknown factors.The buildings and units are worth very few points according to the info but the scores we see at the end of games are in the thousands. 

It's an interesting topic but we may never find out how it all adds up. 

so just doing a quick trial if u kill one of your own units its say an infantry... then sell up in skirmish...

i sold 2 buildings pp and barr ( mcv counts for nothings) and one infantry... it said 3 losses, 1 kill and 120pnts....

is points based on cost? at least to a degree

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2021 at 1:45 AM, steelc0re said:

so just doing a quick trial if u kill one of your own units its say an infantry... then sell up in skirmish...

i sold 2 buildings pp and barr ( mcv counts for nothings) and one infantry... it said 3 losses, 1 kill and 120pnts....

is points based on cost? at least to a degree

Yes you are right.  It's based on cost to a point but we are missing many factors. For example do we get a win bonus or do you loose points if you surrender instead of defeated etc....  

Recently we had some games tha crash because of sync problems and each player depending on how the connection is lost is counted as the winner.  From this I could tell the difference is huge.  My screen would show I have top score but on other people's screen I'm not top score and the point difference is huge....  

Edited by Microsoft

• 11 months later...

I remember being very curious about this back in '99 or early 2000's. I seem to remember that anything killed by fire (ex. devil's tongues) doesn't count as a kill at all. 

I couldn't figure out how the economy scored as well, or how it affected the overall score. 

Truth is, the order of players/score doesn't really mean a player did more or less. I've taken out all war/MCV's of the opposing side, yet the guy who blocked an inf. rush scored higher, but my contribution to victory was actually higher. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm not sure we will ever really get to the bottom of this. And the thing is, if what you're saying there is true Radian, then that means Nod are unfairly disadvantaged in the score stakes, as if someone uses Devil's then their kills aren't getting rated in the same way as GDI. But then I guess no change there then ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/30/2022 at 4:07 PM, Radian said:

I remember being very curious about this back in '99 or early 2000's. I seem to remember that anything killed by fire (ex. devil's tongues) doesn't count as a kill at all. 

I couldn't figure out how the economy scored as well, or how it affected the overall score. 

Truth is, the order of players/score doesn't really mean a player did more or less. I've taken out all war/MCV's of the opposing side, yet the guy who blocked an inf. rush scored higher, but my contribution to victory was actually higher. 

maybe the only reason you could take the mcvs and wars is because he blocked the infantry rush ;)  

6 hours ago, Mole40k said:

Yeah, I'm not sure we will ever really get to the bottom of this. And the thing is, if what you're saying there is true Radian, then that means Nod are unfairly disadvantaged in the score stakes, as if someone uses Devil's then their kills aren't getting rated in the same way as GDI. But then I guess no change there then ?

Can`t be true.  The units that die from fire count because we can see them in the kill counts.  But this is a true unsolved mistery. :)

It is nice to know how you did relative to the others, but if one teammate takes the heat while his mates do in the other team that is not reflected well in the final score either... say one guy holds off the others with inf getting a ton of kills and losses, while one techs and uses a diz to do all the other teams refs,  who did better?

I just don't get a 'wash' for the same reason. Go team!!

Like chess, you can play for points for pieces.., but in the end what matters, is who gets the other King.

Edited by amokk
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 7:07 AM, Radian said:

yet the guy who blocked an inf. rush scored higher, but my contribution to victory was actually higher.

did he buy you the time and keep the pressure off taking heat???   often it the one that gets attacked the least and has the diz or the bans that does the most damage  it's usually a team game.... I very often just get beat on but I try to keep 'em busy enough my teammates can do them in. That score does not reflect that at all....

Edited by amokk

If I'm building devil's tongues and banshees to take out MCV/wars, 1 group of tongues can handle inf rush. I understand your point though.

Devils tongues and also chem missiles do not count towards kills. Go test it out in a game if you dont believe me.