Application Error 005d747d

qommando NL

Fellow red alerters!

I have a big problem when I am trying to play the Red Alert Aftermath addon!

I can start the game itself but when I try to start a Skirmish or single player game the game itself wil shutdown and I get the following message:

The instruction at 005d747d referenced memory at 00000001

The memory could not be read from

Click on OK to terminate the application

I will add a screenshot

The weird thing is that I can still play the counterstrike missions and my brother Smoky NL can play aftermath, but he has the exact same gamefolder as me because I coppied he's gamefolder.

I have downloaded red alert multiple times from http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/ but still get the error

Please help!

Red_alert_error.png.b100c737c43396d9a8ee3616652370d7.png

Well ra95.exe has cpu on 0 and then when I try to change Raam.exe to cpu 0 I get a message: acces denied

but that could be the solution if I can get raam.exe to change

Both ra95.exe and raAM.exe are on CPU 0 now and I still cant get aftermath to work  :(

@FunkyFr3sh

When I start red alert using the Red Alert 3.03p2 (including No-CD patch) it wil not even start red alert and will give this error:

The instruction at 005c38f3 referenced memory at 00000000

The memory could not be read from

Click on OK to terminate the application

When I click on the Aftermath switch.exe it will say: Aftermath does not appear to be installed.

Even though, the files are all in the folder.

@Nyerguds Raam.exe is Red Alert Counterstrike/Aftermath right?

Thanks for the help btw :)

@Nyerguds Raam.exe is Red Alert Counterstrike/Aftermath right?

The RA expansions never had their own exe file. If you have v3.03, both Counterstrike and The Aftermath are simply activated by a registry entry. The fact the RA switcher tool didn't work means you're missing those registry entries. you probably downloaded a pack where that RAAM.exe is a hex edited copy that always enables the expansions. Might even be a renamed version of the exe from The Lost Files.

When I start red alert using the Red Alert 3.03p2 (including No-CD patch) it wil not even start red alert and will give this error:

The instruction at 005c38f3 referenced memory at 00000000

Wait. Is that a completely fresh install, or did you put that over your already-unknown nocd installation?

Tat address is in the middle of the memmove_ function, which is used by a ton of different operations. One of those is reading files. Since we don't know what your installation contains exactly, I suggest starting over from a blank slate.

Based on Nyergud's comments; I suspect its a corrupted windows dll.

Reinstall windows and try again, or delete your user profile and make a new one.

Reinstalling Windows is the best alternative ATM

...you guys better be trolling. This has nothing to do with corrupted system files. Stop suggesting things like that for games which are known to have random game crashes. Especially if he's using some unidentified edited version of the exe and the game.

[edit]

Ohey, just noticed you're Dutch, qommando. I'm Flemish :)

Oh yeah I got one more thing that can help you. this RA1 might be outdated according to FunkyFr3sh but I guarantee you this might work. Anyways just jump into the Portable Games Section and download the Aftermath edition. Download my general.mix file below if the main mission happens to revert you back into the title screen or your CS and AM missions are not working (which means the screen will stay black after clicking the OK in any CS or AM mission briefing).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help guys!

I was on vacation for 2 weeks to germany so I couldnt watch the topic XD

But just to be clear: I downloaded my redalert from http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/ so if I am right that is the exact same version that you guys play right?

Anyway I have downloaded redalert multiple times over and over again and I still cant seem to get the addons working. ra95.exe still runs good everytime, and raAM.exe still crashes everytime

I think I will just try 2 things: 1. I wil download redalert from http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/ on my dads pc, see if it will work on that one

2. And I am going to install red alert using the original discs to see if that wil work

Will post a reply as soon as possible but I also have to work afcourse :ranting:

And reinstalling windows is something I did not that long ago so seems weird if that would fix the problem

I have Windows 7 home premium 64 bits btw.

replacing an EXE file with a batchis not a wise decision when cross-plataform compatibility is aimed. You know that.

What the heck is that supposed to mean? The game's an exe anyway. Cross-platform isn't an issue, especially since this is about registry keys.