Mission Map : Moon Madness TX (Allied Mission, Yuri's Revenge)

Concolor1

Old Mission map for the Terrain Expansion, originally released in 2003. Written to support the original Terrain Expansion pack.  Full instructions and credits in the Read-Me included in the zip.

Author: Concolor1
Editor: FinalAlert2
Created:11th August, 2003

Name: Moon-Madness TX
Size: 90x90
Players: 1
Theatre: LunarTX

To play this mission:The TX Terrain Expansion is required! https://www.moddb.com/games/cc-red-alert-2/downloads/terrain-expansion-self-extracting-installer

Unfortunately my upload allowance won't permit me to include the expandmix06 file I was using as the original TX appeared to have no separate  theatres and just held everything in one expandmix, so fingers crossed this works for you.
The Yuris Revenge mission disc is also required. 
Extract the contents of the zip file into your Red Alert2 Directory.
ecachemd98.mix,expandmd98.mix and the ra2md.csf.
Select new campaign for the Allies.
The game will then launch.
Various slight modifications have been added, all to keep in with this missions theme. Once you have done playing simply remove the files listed above to restore your game.

Id class this as a difficult mission, the player being restricted in their movement around the map until they have amassed sufficient forces. Your best bet is to grab the three closest Oil Derricks and hold them, as the enemy has an unnerving ability to detect your resources, and destroy them. Your Robot tanks almost act as a lure at times, so ensure you have them defended by cosmonauts. Your only going to be able to win in the ranked time by a mass rush. However if your not too fussed and simply want a slower win, then take your time. Hint: To start you off there's a cash crate in your base if you destroy the pipes next to your barracks. Hint 2: The Flak Cannons are placed annoyingly close to your barracks, so you have to be very quick in moving your cosmonauts away as they emerge.

"Moon-Madness---Written for the TX Expansion Pack"
                     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info: The Soviets have built and designed their very own Robot controlled tanks. These are Ideally suited to all types of environments, better equipped and better armed than the Allied counterparts. A production facility has been constructed on the moon.
This Moonbase appears to be one of the key elements in the funding behind the Soviet war efforts, and tapping into the moons hidden resources is what the Soviets have set about doing.
A small Allied base has been established in a hidden crevas close to the Soviet operations. Use the limited units available and destroy the Soviet Robot Command Center,  once offline the Russian facilitiy will be relatively undefended and ours for the taking.

Objective 1: Destroy the Soviet Robot Command Center.

screen7.jpg

screen6.jpg

screen1.jpg

screen5.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

MINI-MAP-TX.jpg

Moon Madness TX.zip

Edited by Concolor1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

A really challenging map. I can say, is a far harder version of Engineered to Kill. 

Spoiler

I have found rushing cosmonauts to the nuclear reactor is the best to way to accomplish. Robot tanks are better for derrick captures and crate collections.  :D

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...