Map Modding - No Rush/Disappearing Walls

YuriNoviceReborn

Hi all,

Looking to make or mod a map so there can be no rush.

My idea was to have a large long wall combined with Gatling Cannons etc that just disappear after a while  or make some sort of edit so that all players are allied for 15 minutes or something, however this will not be good for hiding what you are building etc

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

In addition, on the map I have modified, the Gatlings i put around a tech building do not seem to fire, how do i make them fire at you so its a little more difficult to obtain the building

Thanks

they probably do not fire since they have no power.

you can do it with .ini editing the map + map triggers. you could make impassable, invincible buildings that self destruct after a certain time, you could make big invincible paris towers that belong to each player that protects their whole base for a time, you could set the tech level of all units to -1 for a while, etc. the limit is your imagination

• Like 1

I guess forbidding unit production is not the solution if people prefer to wait and build army and attack after some certain time from the start. Even if all units not available for purchasing, war and slave miners able to attack. And people may gain GIs/Conscripts/Initiates/Enginners from their buildings just by selling them. Paradrop is also might be used to get free infantry if you don't know how to turn it off for some time by using AuxBuildng setting.

Alternative solution - maps with pre-built bases and some starting army as reinforcement. You may also try to solve all problems described above. But it is quite boring fact to have a game where you can (even in the begining) just build a base buildings without crew and without having ore miners (or properly working ones) in some way.

Maybe just change a game? Some RTS games have no-rush settings. For example Stronghold Crusader has no-attack for X minutes setting. RA2 and YR are not supposed to have such type of gameplay.

probably not the best way, but one suggestion is to wall off other players with tesla towers and flak cannon. Make sure they're powered. Then at 15 minutes or whenever, have a nuke  spam trigger to destroy said tesla towers and flak cannon. At least there'd be a nice fireworks show.

I recall some Tour of Egypt maps having the middle walled off with rocks or something, and after the 15minute timer, the wall would just disappear.. This is probably a better way to do it.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:23 PM, YuriNoviceReborn said:

In addition, on the map I have modified, the Gatlings i put around a tech building do not seem to fire, how do i make them fire at you so its a little more difficult to obtain the building

I put the code in the video to let the Gatling Cannons run without the need of "Power Plants" the code is:
Powered=no

I provided my assistance to you within this context. If I understood your request in a different way than what you intended, please explain more and I will try to help you as much as I can.

Edited by YosefAnan