New Campaign : Yuri's Revenge - Re-Engagements (Allied & Soviet, 14 Missions, Yuri's Revenge)

Concolor1

Are you ready for more?

Following up on how well received my Resurgence was, I decided to go through eight months of hell once again and bring the community a second campaign. This time its for the Allies and Soviets.
 I hope those that try the missions get a great deal of fun out of them, were very lucky Westwood made a game that still endures 20years on and still have a community that knows their stuff.

Fingers crossed ive got this right.

YURI'S REVENGE -- RE-ENGAGEMENTS

To play these missions:Yuri's Revenge mission disc is required.(Unless you have the full game installed on your system.)
Extract the contents of the zip file into your Red Alert2 Directory.
Expand96md.mix
Echach96md.mix
RA2md.csf
Optional folder contains a few files that will give you a neat loadscreen and save screen. These have to be placed into the RA2 folder and removed later. Its optional, the campaign runs fine without them

Launch the game,select new campaign for Yuri.
The game will then launch.
All missions have difficulty levels. Easy mode the objectives are fairly simple to complete, Hard modes have increased patrols,attacks,defences ect.

Allied and Soviet campaign.

14 MISSIONS - 7 ALLIED / 7 SOVIET
--------------
--------------
Plot:Mission for the Allies takes place directly during the events of Red Alert2 mission Polar Storm. This means it takes place before Yuri's Revenge.
Hint:Each map has a hidden Nuke crate. These can be found mostly by destroying all of a particular item, ie all the campfires on a map ect.

The campaign loosely connects with the Yuri Resurgence campaign.
So my run of campaigns fits in like so, Red Alert2, (Polar Storm ending), Re-engagements, Yuri's Revenge, Yuri Resurgence.

-----------------------------------------------------------

To play this mission: Yuri's Revenge mission disc/game is required. Extract the contents of the zip
file into your Red Alert2 Directory. Launch the game,select new campaign for the Allies.
The game will then launch.

Plot:Mission for the Allies takes place directly during the events of Red Alert2 mission Polar Storm. This means it takes place before Yuri's Revenge.

Untitledhh.jpg

Untitled88.jpg

load2 c(2).jpeg

loadscreen3b.jpeg

Re-Engagements.zip

Edited by Concolor1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

This is without a doubt another gem by Concolor1 , he was working hard to bring us 2 more quality campaigns for YR so please guys as a minimal way to say "Thank you" show him some love and let him (and also the rest of us) know here your thoughts on this new piece of work ;) 

• Thanks 1

Alright, I am playing only a single mission per day, planning to complete the whole scenario slowly by savoring it. 😀  Have just completed the 2.soviet task: 'Liberation'.  The initial attacks were a great challenge, I was about to be destroyed by the surprise prism attacks. Love that king of brutal levels.

Congrats for the creative scenario, triggers and a good map design.

By the way...

↘️ WHY DO YOU STILL INSIST ON HIDING AGENT CHRONOSPHERE ??!!! 👁️

image.thumb.jpeg.89ec0b3db89207b8bc1b4a6113ffd73f.jpeg

17 hours ago, cc88_06 said:

Alright, I am playing only a single mission per day, planning to complete the whole scenario slowly by savoring it. 😀  Have just completed the 2.soviet task: 'Liberation'.  The initial attacks were a great challenge, I was about to be destroyed by the surprise prism attacks. Love that king of brutal levels.

Congrats for the creative scenario, triggers and a good map design.

By the way...

↘️ WHY DO YOU STILL INSIST ON HIDING AGENT CHRONOSPHERE ??!!! 👁️

image.thumb.jpeg.89ec0b3db89207b8bc1b4a6113ffd73f.jpeg

Nice, looks like you have found a Yuri MCV inside a crate lol :D 

• Haha 1

Soviet level 3 "River Rampage" is a just a little bit easier version of another of your maps "Nuclear Winter" because of time limit and grand cannons; I can say it has been a real challenge as well !

And oh, again here we go... 

↘️

And he has the last say !..    {Deliverance}

"A lil of C4 might be knockin' at your door !!!"

"Special Delivery !.."

image.jpeg

Edited by cc88_06

Hi. Appreciate your time spent on the custom campaign.

Unable to pass the 1st soviet mission. Once you complete the tasks, you get to the victory screen. When it should load level 2, it promts you with the error of 'Unable to innitiate map selection' -> OK -> Level 1 of soviet campaign plays again.

For the installation steps, extracted files to the game folder.

Yuri's resurgence campaign worked well.

Is there anything could be done to fix it? (ver 1.001, win 10, TFD release)

gamemd_2022-11-26_22-39-01.png
============

Update for anyone stubmles
upon this. I had the file "mapselmd.ini" present which represents the order of the scenarios from the latest release of the resurgence campaign. Removing that file solved the issue..

Edited by tengu cheddar

In my opinion, the best way for soviets to fight against yuri, is an army of one of their 'unique units'. With this tactic, I was able to beat even 7 brutal allied yuri bases even on the hardest and plain skirmish maps, but of course if there were at least 4-5 oil derricks on the map to handle my economy.

Anyway, this tactic helped me a lot on the 'The Gates of Hell' Map.   😃

Please don't click on the spoiler, if you haven't tried this mission yet.

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.3638d5ba8eb683a1b588d14f69babc5e.jpeg

Edited by cc88_06
to set the game photo as a spoiler

On 11/28/2022 at 8:38 PM, McPwny said:

i just beat the sovet campaign which was phenomenal. the last mission was pretty tough.

personally, i use siege choppers, tesla tanks, and ore miners. never under estimate a group of pissed off war miners.

I have played that one again today, this time using your assault tactic. 5 elite miners and 10 choppers were too much for Yuri.  😀 

I am taking it slowly before beginning the Allied campaign.

i just beat the allied campaign, which was also outstanding. i particularly like the nuke truck mission. i did notice that the AI on the 'hive' mission was bugged and it continually produced only slave miners from its factory. by the time i got to the enemy base, there was probably a hundred slave miners just sitting there

A really creative mission: 'The Squid Games.'

Was difficult to find all these squids at pools. I hardly realized I should build up a naval yard in that enclosed big pool, at the northwest section of the map, to find the remaining 2 units. 😂

• Thanks 1

And the next allies mission: 'Uranium Run.' 

Great challenge and scenario, once again...

This one reminds me of two nostalgic missions from old Red Alert 1 Counterstrike mission sets: 'Fresh Tracks' and 'Trapped'.  😁

Spoiler

By the way, please do not save and load this mission after the destruction of that uranium trucks, otherwise you will cause an occurrence of a 'minor cheat' by yourself. This mission is pretty entertaining if you play it as its usual, harder version; as it is intended to be like this by the creator. 😉

• Thanks 1

'Extreme Reservations': A Real Challenge. Fairly good one !

(Note: Please do not reveal the spoiler, if you haven't completed this mission yet...)

Impossible to accomplish because of lack of funds, if you don't build up your base at this region. ↘️

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.d57e4a91ecbf23b177dbe26e66a5e7e0.jpeg

Edited by cc88_06