The Multiplayer Map Concept Thread

Myg

Yo; this is a special thread for posting Concept Maps ONLY.

That means maps which will never be released, but might provide a basis of inspiration for fellow map makers.

So, please don't give them names/etc, just a number (if you must), thanks!

IMAGES MUST BE 640*640, any quality!

Cheers

HERE ARE THE DEFAULT WESTWOOD MADE MAPS FOR REFERENCE:

LjG5z.jpg

LQAjz.jpg

rfQ95.jpg

UIilJ.jpg

Igf3S.jpg

civaT.jpg

i4w6U.jpg

j2fkl.jpg

XOPzw.jpg

CXsIO.jpg

KrBao.jpg

6suDS.jpg

LzGRE.jpg

eGTFQ.jpg

PePkH.jpg

TomWq.jpg

/ END OF WESTWOOD MADE MAPS!

Team Fortress

f1IAw.png

Well... I'll admit it first. My map has some issues. I think I was too concerned about details and forgot about KISS (keep it simple stupid). The main problem shows that. It's extremely cluttered and space is at a minimum. I would have to remove some detail definitely.

The whole point of it was obviously to have some kind of "fortress" which is where all the walls come from. Although if you're going to give some ideas, remember that I want to keep the southern village though how it is.

So I come to this thread to seek for some ideas. What could be changed to help with the spacing issue that I currently have?

I might be using the thread wrongly but hey, it has got to start somewhere!

so i was trying to make an urban map like Myg's, but apparently there's a cap on the amount of buildings can be on a map :( does anyone know a way around this? anyways, here's how far I got:

Are you sure that's a limit in the game, though, and not just in the map editor?

I could've put as many as I wanted in the map editor, just all after building #300 are ignored by the game.  I was already at building #633 in the editor, and only %75 done with buiding placement on the map, so I stopped. It's also funny that once you reach the max allowed, the MCV won't even deploy!