Welcome to C&C TD Redux

sgtmyers88

Welcome everyone!

This is the official forums of the Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour Mod: Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn Redux, a total conversion mod that recreates the original Command & Conquer in the best detail possible through manpower/skill and what can be developed in the Zero Hour SAGE Game Engine!

This Mod may not achieve a 100 percent remake, but a decision was made with the Mod to RECREATE and also IMPROVE the gameplay that the original Command & Conquer offered! Thus blending what capabilities and limitations that the ZH SAGE engine offered with the themes from the original Command & Conquer.

MODDB MOD PROFILE HERE:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-tiberian-dawn-redux :mammoth:

And we have forum topics dedicated to posting website info as well!

I hope you will enjoy your time checking this website out and for checking this mod out!

Thank you for your time!

-sgtmyers88

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

wow this mod is great!!! thx a lot for your hard work. I really love the singleplayer missions, its so cool to play them again after many many years :D

my only problem is I cant win mission 4 of NOD, can you help me??? there is no MCV and the GDI base is too strong for cyborgs...

a short feedback:

- the mod has very good gameplay, nice memories of old times come back!  its fun to play!!!!

- many tank models look a bit flat (GDI light tank f.e.)

- and yeah the original constution system (sidebar) would be awesome :P

wow this mod is great!!! thx a lot for your hard work. I really love the singleplayer missions, its so cool to play them again after many many years :D

Good to hear that you like the mod! If you are feeling nostalgic you can download C&C1 here!

my only problem is I cant win mission 4 of NOD, can you help me??? there is no MCV and the GDI base is too strong for cyborgs...

uhmm cyborgs? This isn't Tiberian Sun..

a short feedback:

- the mod has very good gameplay, nice memories of old times come back!  its fun to play!!!!

- many tank models look a bit flat (GDI light tank f.e.)

- and yeah the original constution system (sidebar) would be awesome :P

The sidebar will be implemented when we figure out how to do it.

And GDI doesn't have Light Tanks...

one more thing: I thought the mcv was not redepolyable in TD, was it? I remember to get a second base u had to buy another mvc for 5000$!

True, the Construction Yard is not redeployable in C&C1 but since this is a recreation not a full remake of C&C1 some liberties has been taken also to benefit the Generals AI etc.

You know, MCVs was not made by the CY in C&C1, but the Weapons Factory.

Thanks for all your feedback...

All else I can say for now is wait to check out version 1.3 this Christmas and you will see many great overhauls in graphics, AI scripting, and most importantly... the fixes done for many bugs and balancing issues.  ;)

Making a nearly complete C&C1 remake TC Mod is not an easy task on ANY game! We try our best...  8)

thx for your replies! I've played alle your missions now. this is definitifly the best mod for zero hour I've played :)

...just the MRLS could need a bit more firepower (compared to the NOD atillery and SSM)

What is a MRLS? I only know what a MLRS is ;)

Multiple Launch Rocket System

I'm glad that you like the mod! :) It's incredible that sgtmyers88 did it mostly on his own!

No Tore is probably right:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

A multiple rocket launcher (MRL) is a type of unguided rocket artillery system. Like other rocket artillery, multiple rocket launchers are less accurate and have a much lower rate of fire than batteries of traditional artillery guns. However, they have the capability of simultaneously dropping many hundreds of kilograms of explosive, with devastating effect.

...but as alongs as they wil have more firepower in 1.3 I dont really care what it means :P

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System (M270 MLRS) is a multiple rocket launcher, a type of rocket artillery.

The first rocket systems were delivered to the U.S. Army in 1983. The system is in widespread use in NATO countries and it has also been manufactured in Europe. Some 1,300 M270 systems have been manufactured, along with more than 700,000 rockets. The system has been used in the Gulf wars, where it proved itself as a practical and effective weapons system. The production of the M270 ended in 2003, when a last batch was delivered to the Egyptian army