Beta Testers Wanted! Are you ready to conquer the task?

sgtmyers88

C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux needs Beta Testers to help improve the quality of the Mod and keep the fans wanting more! Please Feel Free to apply here and we can see what we can do... we need about 8 people to do this efficiently, due to the fact that some of us don't have all the time that we wish to dedicate ourselves to the Mod.

I'll be happy to beta if you want.

I've been looking forward to using the ZH engine to play Tiberian Sun & Tiberian Dawn anyway, so if you need beta testers to complete the project, I'm all in.

Thinking: are you going to keep the ZH console, or switch it to the TD console? My C&C dream is having all the armies from every game in the same C&C game (except the Scrin I don't like them) and all units for an army (like TD & C&C3 NOD units granted to NOD, C&C 1 units given to C&C 2 like the Chronotank & Minelayer) and either letting the player choose the console (if its going to be changed) or keeping ZH would make my mod (I'll get required permissions all around before I even start) alot easier if I have to mess with less things.

Either way, whatever you're going for is what I'll help you do, if I change it myself for my own use that can be decided later on.

• 10 months later...

Hello there, I have just seen your recent update on moddb and I'm very curious about all the work done on this mod so far.

As for simple presentations I'm sweln, beta tester on Cold War Crisis (also on C&CGZh) for like 4-5 years now and I can give some help on balancing and gameplay issues.

For a life I'm a French junior game designer in the video game industry and a lame level designer also, currently working on my own game with a reduced team of friends on Iphone because when you want to eat, well you make what it needs! :)

Anyway I'd be very happy to test out this mod and try to find any little problems in it. I'm also much curious about seing with my own very eyes this 2.0 shader improvement on sage engine ^^

Looking forward in having news from you guys!

sweln

I would greatly appreciate additional beta testers. I do not have an online beta or private SVN unlike other "big" mods at the moment, but If you went ahead and downloaded the current release v1.2 on Moddb and patch 1.21 feel free to do so. it will prepare you for the next version which is yet to be announced. I communciate through here, Moddb, and MSN. Once things are worked out I will submit a beta to filefront for the beta testing team to download. Just let me know when you are ready or willing to test.  8)

Thanks for the update... Yeah to let you know of current major bugs...

1.)There are harvester AI bugs where they can get lost or simply stop harvesting.

2.)An exploit with the Conyard system with the MCV Multi-Deploying Conyards.

3.)Art bugs with the Nuclear Missile from the Nod Temple sometimes launching sideways.

These may be game engine limitations and defects and I am currently trying to make creative techniques to get around these issues.

You will be updated in the credits section... Thanks again for your willingness to help...

• 4 weeks later...

Do you still need help, sgtmyers88? If it is the case, just let me know. I'm an experienced beta tester.

My current PC specs are:

Intel Celeron 2.0 ghz

Nvidia Geforce FX 5600

Soundblaster Audigy

Yeah, my PC isn't the strongest in the world so I think it could be useful to find out TDR's minimum requirements and if weaker PC can support it.

I would be happy to add you... some of our people have indeed disappeared so we could definately use more help. The lower spec PC will also be useful too. I will release a private beta (in the coming months). ;) Welcome Aboard! Please Feel free to add us on MSN or Yahoo.

I would be happy to add you... some of our people have indeed disappeared so we could definately use more help. The lower spec PC will also be useful too. I will release a private beta (probably on my private filefront page in the coming months). ;) Welcome Aboard! Please Feel free to add us on MSN or Yahoo.

I'll add you on msn right away.

And don't worry: I swear that I'm not going to leak the private betas of TDR.

• 3 months later...

Sure.. more testers is always helpful. If you have MSN or some other kind of messenger just add me and the other team members there to corridinate with. otherwise through email is fine. I may perhaps consider some special modifications like you asked for the beta testing team to mess with. ;)

The current beta is only with me as I have not finalized it enough for distribution yet. It will soon though...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...