Quick mapping question

Guest PrincessRoyal

Guest PrincessRoyal

Hi there,

I downloaded Red Alert multiplayer from the RedAlert1 website a couple of weeks ago, and have since been playing around with the map editor. I don't really have any desire to create scenarios (and no offense to those who like using it, but thus far I have found the RAED editor difficult to use when creating simple terrain), but something I do want to do is to create mega-sized MP maps. Unfortunately, the map editor seems to only give 64x64, 96x96, 126x64 and 64x126 size options. Is there a way to force it to allow 126x126 mapping? I seem to recall (though I could be wrong, it's been like 15 years), that with the original C&C expansions from the days of yore, you could create 128x128 maps using just the default editor. Is this not possible in the one I downloaded from RedAlert1?

Thank you.

Guest PrincessRoyal

Thank you so much. I've been creating these cramped little maps which, while fun to play, really don't have the scope I am looking for. This should do wonders for that.

Thanks again.

Bah, you young whippersnappers and your fancy-shmancy high resolution maps! In my day, back on the sandy dunes of Arrakis, all we had was 64x64! And we couldn't even design maps, we generated them! :ranting:

And them sands, they were itchy!

:laugh:

• 2 months later...
Guest PrincessRoyal

I don't suppose someone could make me a quick blank 128x128 snow map, could they? XD

You can use this tool to create maps:

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2227.0

I'd prefer just to stick with the original map editor. It's a lot less... complex. :S I was just hoping for a blank 126x126 snow map so I could open it in the original map editor and go to work.

Guest PrincessRoyal

Thank you so much.

*Edit* Crud. For some reason, that blank map loads as the dirt tileset and not snow.