Red Alert full game translations - language packs

FunkyFr3sh

Here the Link for the Download of the german Video pack. I have added the Video from my own game to this Pack. I hope it is completely.^^

https://workupload.com/start/Qj2Xvzb

cool, thanks for sharing!

Can i use this to translate to Albanian langugage 'full game'  :redalert:! or is outdated post?

It is not outdated, you can give it a try. But it can be really hard if your language contains a lot of special chars, the red alert font only got a-z A-Z 0-9 and a few things like áéú ..

• 2 months later...

Well, Siberian_GRemlin's translation has neat fonts, and all text is translated, including the text on sidebar icons, the title screen and the intro logo animation (*ahem* by yours truly).

really nice translation :) i added it now

That's really nice to hear. Did you guys work around the issue that some strings like the ones related to declaring a multiplayer game a draw and the "Aftermath Missions" and "Counterstrike Missions" are hard-coded in the exe?

there was a mix and also a game patch, might be that those strings were changed with the patch but i didnt tested it

Hello, there... I just wanted to ask, i got some problem here. i'm trying to translate into Mongolian but i got some character problem there... i can't find solutions. i tried to convert using notepad++ but no luck mine looks wierd enough. Do you have a some ideas how can i deal with this? (P.S im gonna add some picture here...)  Thank you for your advance guys

screen_shots.png.c1a780f74aa6369e3c7a5a72fabefb12.png

Well, Siberian_GRemlin's translation has neat fonts, and all text is translated, including the text on sidebar icons, the title screen and the intro logo animation (*ahem* by yours truly).

really nice translation :) i added it now

That's really nice to hear. Did you guys work around the issue that some strings like the ones related to declaring a multiplayer game a draw and the "Aftermath Missions" and "Counterstrike Missions" are hard-coded in the exe?

there was a mix and also a game patch, might be that those strings were changed with the patch but i didnt tested it

I actually forgot about important thing of our language. It's same as Russian cyrillic but we have a letters like "Ө, ө " "Ү, ү"

those 2 letters are important letters. i could use Russian keyboard but our "guys" are not there... Thanks for advance

Hey! Cyrillic is very problematic, the game doesn't even have the font to display it properly. That means you need to start off by creating a font first. You can then replace a char with a Cyrillic one.

We started once to work on a Russian translation but it was never finished. There is a working Russian translation but the creator doesn't want to share his files.

Before you start to translate you need someone to help you with the font, maybe Nyerguds knows something about fonts

Characters depend completely on the ingame font. If the ingame font doesn't have the characters, there's no use adding it. Even if you have a Cyrillic font (like the Russian pack's font) you'd need to convert it to the same 1-byte-per-character text encoding used by the Russian pack, so the characters would match up with the font in the game. I think SibGrem's pack uses Windows-1251 cyrillic for its fonts configuration, which I personally find an odd choice; given the fact all internals are based on DOS-437, I'd have expected it to use the Russian DOS encoding; DOS-855.

The way the pasted characters look in the strings editor has no real meaning for these special characters, btw, as long as you start from the correct encoding. I do advise everyone to use the newer version of the editor, though:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/tools/instr212_0based.zip

Hey! Cyrillic is very problematic, the game doesn't even have the font to display it properly. That means you need to start off by creating a font first. You can then replace a char with a Cyrillic one.

We started once to work on a Russian translation but it was never finished. There is a working Russian translation but the creator doesn't want to share his files.

Before you start to translate you need someone to help you with the font, maybe Nyerguds knows something about fonts

Thank you so much, helpful advance :D

Characters depend completely on the ingame font. If the ingame font doesn't have the characters, there's no use adding it. Even if you have a Cyrillic font (like the Russian pack's font) you'd need to convert it to the same 1-byte-per-character text encoding used by the Russian pack, so the characters would match up with the font in the game. I think SibGrem's pack uses Windows-1251 cyrillic for its fonts configuration, which I personally find an odd choice; given the fact all internals are based on DOS-437, I'd have expected it to use the Russian DOS encoding; DOS-855.

The way the pasted characters look in the strings editor has no real meaning for these special characters, btw, as long as you start from the correct encoding. I do advise everyone to use the newer version of the editor, though:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/tools/instr212_0based.zip

Understood. I'm looking for some solution about this... Thank you so much :D

Actually, those have a far worse problem; they simply have too many characters to fit in the classic 127 spots available in typical 1-byte extended-ascii text encodings. The game just doesn't support anything else than one byte per character. For Cyrillic, someone just has to make the fonts, which, as Siberian_GRemlin proves, is in fact possible. But for Asian languages, it's simply impossible due to technical limitations of the game itself.

I should look into making a font editor...

Actually, those have a far worse problem; they simply have too many characters to fit in the classic 127 spots available in typical 1-byte extended-ascii text encodings. The game just doesn't support anything else than one byte per character. For Cyrillic, someone just has to make the fonts, which, as Siberian_GRemlin proves, is in fact possible. But for Asian languages, it's simply impossible due to technical limitations of the game itself.

I should look into making a font editor...

Wow, im grateful to you :D it's will help not just for game... You rock guys

Well, see, I actually GOT a working font editor... but it's not mine to release; it's Siberian_GRemlin's, and I got it via a friend of a friend kinda deal. (Apparently SibGRem prefers sitting on a useless monopoly rather than publicly releasing something useful like that. Even if it's incomplete... it works, and he's had it for eight years :dry:)

Anyway, I don't want to get my friends into trouble, so I'd rather look into making my own tool than release that one. And I'm getting kind of sick of being the one everyone comes to to ask for font edits :P