DOS interface mod for RA95

Iran

Tried power bar but can't get it to work with the extended power bar part. The DOS power bar was one .shp that was one frame and the Win95 was is a shp with two frames and the power lines don't match. Since the power lines don't match Win95 the extended power bar part I couldn't get to work. I did change the top and bottom parts of the power bar to use the more pixal lated DOS power bar but the glass tube is still the Win95.

Must of missed the little power indicator. I'll look for it.

Below is the Win95 and DOS RADAR screens,

Win_and_DOS.jpg.f9e9de3d710767a8ccf52e02d085fa9d.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah you probably could just resize the radar screen so it's half its normal size and then resize it back for the pixelation, probably can do the same with the other elements that have no (fitting) DOS equivalent. Though I think you need to manually paint some of the "pixelation" then to make it look like it's from DOS.

You're almost done with the sidebar. Two things I noticed.

A and B in the following image still needs to be done. A is an extra cameo background image from the extended sidebar and B is part original sidebar and part extended sidebar as you probably already know:

mfTIu30.png

You could probably copy and paste parts of the power meter from the DOS graphics:

command-conquer-the-first-decade-mod-tfd-red-alert-dos-mode_1.jpg

The extra cameo background image is in the mix. (side4na.shp and side4us.shp) Not sure why it is not working or did I miss somthing else?

I think I can remake the power bar using DOS parts as long as the lines are set up like Win95.

SiberianGRemlin has one, but he never publicly released it. I got hold of a fully working beta, through some other people, but I'm hesitant to distribute it without permission.

As for copying the DOS fonts, as he said, they're tiny. Too small to be used in C&C95, since they got the same size on the 320x200 screen in DOS C&C as the C&C95 fonts got in 640x400, meaning they're only half the size of the C&C95 ones.

I could remake them, I guess, but it'd take ages...

Could you remove this part of the credits tab?:

http://i.imgur.com/A9DprE4.png

I noticed that when you have the 'info screen' with the kills count of every player active instead of the zoomed in/out radar map, when the game redraws the kill count (because a kill has been added), there's some weird graphical glitching that's probably happening because only the first few frames of that part of the sidebar SHP file are edited.

Looks cool now! I'm ready to include it with my patch (credits for the conversion given of course!), Nyerguds would it be somehow possible for you or someone else to convert the DOS font? That would be awesome.